ABS/BAS lights

Devallee

My ABS and BAS dash lights are on and I can't figure out why. It's popped on in the past when my brake pads were completely shot and I changed the pads and the light went off. It's on now but I just changed my pads like a week ago and bled them but the light is still on (they were on before I changed the brakes too and my pads weren't unusually worn). Is there any other reason as to why they would be on? I've also noticed that about a week ago my tire pressure light would pop on and off and the little red dot above the gas gauge (the theft deterrent light?) was popping on and off too but after a few minutes of driving the tire pressure and red dot would go away. Could I possibly have some kind of short or something going on with the computer causing that? Those lights have stopped doing that but my ABS and BAS are still on everytime I drive the Jeep. Any reason as to why? Brakes and fluids are fine so I can't figure it out :thinking:

FrankenJeeper

Is your steering wheel centered?

What you're describing sounds like what happened to me after my jeep was lifted and the steering wheel was off center.

If its on center maybe check alignment?

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blknblujeep

Have u done a lift or an alingment? If the steering wheel is not aligned with the wheel. The computer will think ur on a turn constantly. That may set off ur abs/bas sensor. Do you have 4x4? Also is the esp control on of off?

Devallee

I've had a lift and whatnot for years now and never had this problem. I haven't had anything different done lately its just kind of out of nowhere

Blknblujeep

Just check the alignment. I did a lift a while ago and with road condition and offroading it may become loose. I had to realign it a couple months later. Also does your shifter for your transfer case move easily? If so that may cause the light to come on.

Devallee

Just check the alignment. I did a lift a while ago and with road condition and offroading it may become loose. I had to realign it a couple months later. Also does your shifter for your transfer case move easily? If so that may cause the light to come on.

Maybe I'll get an alignment and see what happens. Is it ok to drive until then? Is it bad to drive with the abs and BAS on?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you have a speed sensor that's gone bad. Your dealership will be able to tell you which one by hooking up a scan tool to your computer.

Mitrig

Sounds like you have a speed sensor that's gone bad. Your dealership will be able to tell you which one by hooking up a scan tool to your computer.

Is this a common problem? My light came on then went off (abs, traction, eps) all at the same time. Then certain days they would go away. Now they stay on 247. So annoying just had a sensor changed and I seemed like they were all fine. Very annoying feature

TheDuff

Question regarding speed sensors on jk's. I know on other vehicles with unit bearings that if the seal on the bearing goes bad it can get fluid onto the wheel speed sensor, causing intermittent problems. I would assume the same to be true on the JK, but would like to know if anyone has seen this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

This happenee to me. Wound up being my wheel hub. The whole assembly needed ro be replaced. It sucked

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Mitrig

This happenee to me. Wound up being my wheel hub. The whole assembly needed ro be replaced. It sucked

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

I would cry. Hoping it's nothing dumb like that. It has been raining a lot lately and only recently has my lights not turned off :0

Top Bottom