Warranty question...

JoeHawk

Hi all. I bought my 2013 jku in June. Already modded it a bit (suspension, spidertrax spacers, rock rails, tires, among other things). I am in the process of converting my stock bumper to a stubby. I got the "extended warranty" and pretty much regretted it immediately, hats off to the sales man for suckering me in. My question is, what will void the warranty? And if a cancel it, do I get any of the value back? Logic would dictate that I would get the principal value minus the value of months already past. But we all know that logic is nowhere to be found at the stealership.

Thanks in advance!!

Keep calm and Jeep on!!

Sent from my HTC One X using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Technically, the only thing that should void your warranty is something that your dealership can prove was the cause of whatever failed that you are trying to get covered. Having said that, you are ultimately at the mercy of your dealership. If you want to make sure they'll treat you right, make sure you are a customer of theirs - i.e. get regular oil changes there.

JoeHawk

Well thats the thing. All of my regular maintenance is covered. Oil changes, tire rotation, 30k and 60k service. Plus some free detailing. I was just wondering more if I cancelled, would I get anything back?

Napalm90

if factory part brakes while wheeling it will not be covered under warranty. That's really it. Well that what my friend told, he works for a dealership

KPM171

Well thats the thing. All of my regular maintenance is covered. Oil changes, tire rotation, 30k and 60k service. Plus some free detailing. I was just wondering more if I cancelled, would I get anything back?

It sounds like in addition to an extended warranty, the salesman got you for a service pack too. If I had to guess, I'd say that there's no selling it or returning the unused portions (sorry). But, take a look at the fine print in the contract, it'll tell you exactly what you can do with them if anything. Odds are, you can pass both the service pack and the extended warranty one time to the next owner of your Jeep, but my gut says you are fairly hosed when it comes to getting any money back. Modded or not, the dealership can still do your services for you as part of the service pack you purchased so it's not a loss.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Hi all. I bought my 2013 jku in June. Already modded it a bit (suspension, spidertrax spacers, rock rails, tires, among other things). I am in the process of converting my stock bumper to a stubby. I got the "extended warranty" and pretty much regretted it immediately, hats off to the sales man for suckering me in. My question is, what will void the warranty? And if a cancel it, do I get any of the value back? Logic would dictate that I would get the principal value minus the value of months already past. But we all know that logic is nowhere to be found at the stealership.

Thanks in advance!!

Keep calm and Jeep on!!

I stupidly bought an extended warranty with my 2012. If you have the same extended warranty I did (past tense), get the policy out and there should be a clause about how to cancel the remaining portion. I did and got a refund.
Good luck!:thumb:

Top Bottom