Dash Lights Malfunction?

Prime8

For the past month or so, I've had an issue when I've been slowly accelerating. Every once in a while (probably a dozen times now) the check engine, sway bar disconnect, abs, and traction control lights will pop on for a second then turn back off, with the sway bar light blinking a few extra times. Anyone have this issue or have any idea what causes it? Seems like a sensor. I'll be taking it in Friday, but if it didn't throw a code, the dealer probably won't know what caused it. It's a 2013 JKUR auto.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Typically with a clock spring, you'd get the airbag light on as well and not a check engine. If it weren't for the later, I'd say you have a speed sensor going bad. Best bet is to have your computer scanned with a scan tool at your dealership.

Rccrwlr

For the past month or so, I've had an issue when I've been slowly accelerating. Every once in a while (probably a dozen times now) the check engine, sway bar disconnect, abs, and traction control lights will pop on for a second then turn back off, with the sway bar light blinking a few extra times. Anyone have this issue or have any idea what causes it? Seems like a sensor. I'll be taking it in Friday, but if it didn't throw a code, the dealer probably won't know what caused it. It's a 2013 JKUR auto.

I'm going with accelerate faster and it won't happen.

Sent via Snow Flake in California

Prime8

Typically with a clock spring, you'd get the airbag light on as well and not a check engine. If it weren't for the later, I'd say you have a speed sensor going bad. Best bet is to have your computer scanned with a scan tool at your dealership.

Eddie,
That's what I'm going to have them do Friday. I was just worried that it might not have thrown a code since it is so fast and doesn't linger or keep any lights on. That's why I wanted to air this out in here and see if anyone else had this issue and tracked it down. I have a trip to the Badlands Offroad Park on the 28th and want to make sure everything is hunky dorey.

Prime8

No codes came up and the dealer has no idea. Here are some pictures of different times the lights flashed on just driving down the road. These pictures have been clipped from video. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379726775.358985.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379726784.324108.jpg
The second image shows the traction control. Immediately after that light went out, the sway bar light flashed twice...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Are you running the factory battery? I had a couple of vehicles that did funny stuff with the lights when either the battery or alternator started going out. I might swap the battery out and see if it continues.

Prime8

Yeah it's the factory battery. Some times the stereo/nab resets too. Not while in use or driving, but sometimes when I start it up it is reset...

Prime8

I had the same thing happen to me. I swapped out the battery and it hasn't happened since.

Did you get it swapped under warranty? I don't see how a battery issue can make random lights flash on on the dash though... The mechanic at the dealership did say that the battery over current code was tripped, but he said that was common and didn't think much of it... What battery should I switch to?

JeepJKpwr

Did you get it swapped under warranty? I don't see how a battery issue can make random lights flash on on the dash though... The mechanic at the dealership did say that the battery over current code was tripped, but he said that was common and didn't think much of it... What battery should I switch to?

No, I just installed an Optima yellow top

JEEPnGEO

I had the same problem. I replaced the clockspring, turn signal, and the wiper stick. The problem was the interface to my radio. I was running a PAC interface between my Kenwood and Jeep wiring and poor jeep didn't like it. I switched out to a METRA interface and the problem hasn't came back in 10,000 miles.

Top Bottom