The wife.

JKWrang

My wife tells me "If I hear you talk about your Jeep one more time..." never followed by good things.

She won't come wheeling either. Says she's afraid to flip over. :rolleyes:

Anyone of you veteran wheelers have any tips on getting the wife involved or am I destined to have the Jeep referred to as the mistress?? :confused:

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

jeff_in_rc

My input

My wife tells me "If I hear you talk about your Jeep one more time..." never followed by good things.

She won't come wheeling either. Says she's afraid to flip over. :rolleyes:

Anyone of you veteran wheelers have any tips on getting the wife involved or am I destined to have the Jeep referred to as the mistress?? :confused:

I am in a slightly different boat than you, my wife likes my Jeep but is a big chicken when it comes to up and down hills, especially up hills, you know where you can't see whats at the top. And she HATES off-camber stuff where she is on the low side, she also feels that we will tip over.

So what I have been doing for the last year and a half of my Jeeping life, yea no vet here, is to take her and the dogs out after work for 30-60 minutes and play in the hills close to home. She is getting a little braver all the time and has started telling me "lets try that hill" and up or down we go. I let HER make the call, I let HER choose the hills, then if she does not like it I back out and we continue on. It seems to be working, slowly but it is working.

Hope this helps. :D

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I've got the same problem with my girlfriend. Then she gets mad we don't wheel enough, she loves to go. Not sure how to get her to understand my obsession with reading as much as I can haha always good to learn and talk with my fellow jeepers! We can all enjoy the honey in the doghouse!

mackey

My wife said the same thing and was sick of me always talking about future mods. I learned not to talk about the costs so much. Lol. At first, she did not want to go wheeling either. She had the same fears as your wife. I convinced her go on the Miller Jeep Trail with the family. Once there, I told her she had to drive. She drove, I kept my mouth shut and she had a blast. Long story short, make it fun for her. My 2 cents. Good luck

Krieger

When I first started out, I would take my wife on very scenic easy trails, and insisted to her that a car could do it. Slowly
We would do harder trails and now she's almost as hooked as I am.
Baby steps my friend. Bring a lunch and
have a picnic.
Just my 2cents, it worked for me.

JKWrang

Thanks! Its not hopeless, that's a good thing! I think my big mistake was trying to take her on a big can't-see-over-the-top hill in my 08JKRHD. Ill try baby trails and let her do some 4 wheeling. She liked crawling through a forest til we had to back down a trail to get back on the road. :rolleyes:

Maybe some snow type fun this winter will win her over too

I have a problem and the only way to correct it is to buy another jeep. At first she did not like it because she said it was perfect before the lift and tires and it looks too manly. Now she loves the look and enjoys all the comments from her coworkers and students. I get to drive it twice a week. NOW, she also wants bigger tittys. :eek:
That is expensive and thats a lot of jeep upgrade money gone. I do love big tittys.:D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

I see your predicament. You really should just give in though. I see a win win for youball around. :D:beer::thumbup:

I must be blessed. It was the wife's idea to get a Jeep and to start the mods. She had an 82 CJ5 for almost 20 years and had aspirations of builiding it up, but figured it was going to cost too much. Now we have the JK and starting our build.

RedFox

I'm in the same "if I hear about your jeep one more time" boat lol. I sneak as many mods as I can whenever she's not around. Obvious things though are tough, like seat covers. I need new covers because my stock seats are beginning to wear and rip, but she will still throw a fit if I get em. I'm waiting till next year when I get her the grand Cherokee, that'll give me pass to do as I wish with my jk

RedFox

And i do NOT mention costs! Lol. If I do, I lie about actual cost so she doesn't throw the "could've been used for (blank)" card at me. My evo corners were free as far as she's concerned Lol 😂

And i do NOT mention costs! Lol. If I do, I lie about actual cost so she doesn't throw the "could've been used for (blank)" card at me. My evo corners were free as far as she's concerned Lol 😂

Bought her a Challenger and a Grand Cherokee Limited.

Tackerdown

Banned
Yup take her out on some easy stuff and let her drive. My wife loves it now. On our last trip I had her drive over a camle hump and she was screaming on the way down it with the biggest smile. Last week she asked, if we get bigger tires will the jeep drive better in the rain so I can justify getting them. My reply of course there is more tire on the road.

Sent from my SPH-L720

David1tontj

My wife doesn't love the nasty trails, and the nasty trails are all I want to do, so we have been working our way up slowly, and since the easy stuff bores me, I let her drive. This becomes quite interesting sometimes. This was one if her first times driving at the dunes, I just started to watch her instead of the sand and......
http://youtu.be/Yd4Z0hEUCrI

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

jkmadness

Yup take her out on some easy stuff and let her drive. My wife loves it now. On our last trip I had her drive over a camle hump and she was screaming on the way down it with the biggest smile. Last week she asked, if we get bigger tires will the jeep drive better in the rain so I can justify getting them. My reply of course there is more tire on the road.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Clever answer :thumbup:

Top Bottom