My visit to Off Road Evo

Gunner

My wife and I drove over to Off Road Evo today and got to meet Mel. I have to say that after my better than 40 years in the auto industry he is one of not many who seems to have more than his share of integrity. I went to see about having him do about 15 to 20 thousand worth of work on my YJ. After about 5 minutes of him listening to me, I told him about my buddy who wants to sell me a 04 TJ Rubi. I told him I could buy that and spend 5 grand on it. You know what he said. If I had that kind of money buy a new rubi and be done with it. My wife and I were blown away. He was so honest with us he turned down 20 grand of work to steer me to a dealership to buy a new car he might only see some small amount of money from. Well I am guessing I am going to see about a new 13 in august. But till then I will be sending my friends to Mel's place. Thanks Mel for being such a honest guy with a total off road Noob. You got my business.:rock:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Haha I believe it. Mel and all his crew at EVO know their stuff and won't steer you wrong. I agree the JK is one of the toughest and one of the best jeeps that was made to this date!

Drumr90

Listening to this id drive from pennsylvania just to get some work done lol. They definatley are real cool guys it seems.

Hightower

Drumr90 said:
Listening to this id drive from pennsylvania just to get some work done lol. They definatley are real cool guys it seems.

I drove from Canada to get my work done and I still order every part from them that goes on my JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear about your great experiences working with Mel. Mel is a friend of mine but, I only choose to be friends with people who have integrity.

Prime8

Seriously considering driving the '13 I'm hoping to get out there when it comes time to put the EVO longarms on... Long trip from mid Illinois...

My wife and I drove over to Off Road Evo today and got to meet Mel. I have to say that after my better than 40 years in the auto industry he is one of not many who seems to have more than his share of integrity. I went to see about having him do about 15 to 20 thousand worth of work on my YJ. After about 5 minutes of him listening to me, I told him about my buddy who wants to sell me a 04 TJ Rubi. I told him I could buy that and spend 5 grand on it. You know what he said. If I had that kind of money buy a new rubi and be done with it. My wife and I were blown away. He was so honest with us he turned down 20 grand of work to steer me to a dealership to buy a new car he might only see some small amount of money from. Well I am guessing I am going to see about a new 13 in august. But till then I will be sending my friends to Mel's place. Thanks Mel for being such a honest guy with a total off road Noob. You got my business.:rock:

This is one of the main reasons that I plan to do business wth ORE.

My brother and I went to the Off-Road Expo last year, we met Mel and one of EVO's engineers, Andrew. They were very up front with me regarding their different kits, the plusses/minuses of each, and ultimately steered me in a direction that would provide the most bang for my buck. It's their incredible customer service and potential customer service that makes them such a great company to deal with. It doesn't hurt that their products are the best in the business either! :yup:

Glad to hear about your great experiences working with Mel. Mel is a friend of mine but, I only choose to be friends with people who have integrity.

Integrity, along with honesty, are two morals/values that are hard to come by in today's world. I completely agree with you, Eddie... :friends:

GCM 2

Eddie, that is well said. I am honored to call both you and Mel Wade friends. Proof that Mel will take care of customers and friends.....Since the first day I visited Mel's shop years ago to have my first bit of work done (and every time since) after leaving my JK at the shop I have always been offered a ride to the airport for my flight back home to AZ. I always pass on the offer, but Mel is being truly sincere with the offer. Well, last Tuesday night as I dropped my rig off at the last minute with no prior notice, Mel gave me a ride back to my hotel! The valet had to park this while we shared an adult beverage amongst some friends (Thanks for coming along Eddie)

Attachments

• image-1338675780.jpg
    image-1338675780.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1274028467.jpg
    image-1274028467.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2381903148.jpg
    image-2381903148.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 107

Hightower

Eddie, that is well said. I am honored to call both you and Mel Wade friends. Proof that Mel will take care of customers and friends.....Since the first day I visited Mel's shop years ago to have my first bit of work done (and every time since) after leaving my JK at the shop I have always been offered a ride to the airport for my flight back home to AZ. I always pass on the offer, but Mel is being truly sincere with the offer. Well, last Tuesday night as I dropped my rig off at the last minute with no prior notice, Mel gave me a ride back to my hotel! The valet had to park this while we shared an adult beverage amongst some friends (Thanks for coming along Eddie)

Well said guys, on my first visit to Off Road Evolution they all came in on Saturday to finish my rig to get me heading home on time.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here's the thing...there are few manufacturers who will advise you to spend LESS money than you have to spend. Mel is at the top of that list. Enough said.

Serg5000

Mel over at EVO is one cool dude man. When my wife and I were there he took the time to show us the shop And let us look around. He didn't pull that crap about insurance not allowing customers in back. I can appreciate the effort he put into making you feel welcome at his business. I tell you what. Customer treatment and service is everything to us. He has us a loyal customers because of it.

Top Bottom