First Oil Change ? When (sorry if this is a repeat, tried searching).

Ramasun

When do folks recommend first oil change on a new '14 JKU?

Engine broken in well, just like the manual says, about 2800 miles on it, 68% oil life left according to display. Any ideas, recommendations?

Thanks (Hi from KC)!

Hobolobo

Routine. Some people go 8-10k on synthetic blends. But from what i understand, your jk has a sensor in the oil that tells you when it needs to be changed, im just a bit leery of it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i will go 3-5,000 miles before i change mine. i just feel safer keeping clean oil in it no matter what blend is in there.

KPM171

I tried to go to the dealership at 3k like I've been trained to do and they sent me packing. The light came on at just under 7k miles on the odo, so I guess it's time to head back. Makes me a little uncomfortable waiting that long, but I'm pretty sure the Jeep engineers know what they are about on this one.

JKWrang

I don't think its a sensor so much as a mileage counter. My wifes cobalt has the same thing... and every so many miles it pops up. Go figure.

Could be wrong though

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Ramasun

I don't think its a sensor so much as a mileage counter. My wifes cobalt has the same thing... and every so many miles it pops up. Go figure.

Could be wrong though

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

It's 3 measurements really - mileage, cold starts with time till off, and time. If you make a lot of short trips you'll get a change notice sooner than a long distance driver who does hundreds of miles at a time.

Top Bottom