Need a new head

rtguy1

Well it finally happened. My 3.6L needs a drivers side head. The cel has been on and off for a couple weeks. Started getting a bit worse the last few days. Plugged in a code reader and got the dreaded P0302 code for cylinder 2 misfire. Running a bit rough especially at idle. I can hear the miss as well. Went to my service drive and they reflashed it and did a couple other updates. Took about 20 mins total. Told me to plan on leaving it when the cel returns. They have fully assembled heads in stock. 1-2 day turn around. Ill be back next week lol.
View attachment 49766 View attachment 49767 View attachment 49768

rtguy1

I'm there with ya... took mine in Tuesday, just waiting on the head to arrive.

Lol. Yeah I'm wheeling this weekend so the light should be back on by the end of the trail. Take it back in next week. I'm not worried one bit.

rtguy1

Waiting for official diagnosis now so I can get a loaner car. Tech says my rig will be ready by Friday

MTG

Caught the Bug
What a bummer! At least they have it in stock and it should be quick. :yup:

Did you ask them if you could warranty your suspension? :cheesy:

Heholua

I wonder if your service tech is gonna bitch and moan that your rig is too tall like they did with mine.:naw:

rtguy1

What a bummer! At least they have it in stock and it should be quick. :yup:

Did you ask them if you could warranty your suspension? :cheesy:

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I m trying not to let it bother me.

Lmao. I doubt it. I really don't want them touching anything even close to my suspension.

I am glad my head held out long enough for them to finally fix the design on the head and build up some inventory.

rtguy1

I wonder if your service tech is gonna bitch and moan that your rig is too tall like they did with mine.:naw:

Hahaha. I had thought of that. I have some new narrow psc crusher flares that I held off on installing. Didn't want them crawling all over the fresh powdercoat. I like to cause all of my own destruction ;)

Heholua

Hahaha. I had thought of that. I have some new narrow psc crusher flares that I held off on installing. Didn't want them crawling all over the fresh powdercoat. I like to cause all of my own destruction ;)

Chances are they will take your wheels and tires off your rig for the repair. I would check your lug nuts before you head home:yup:. I'm with ya on causing your own destruction:cheesy:

rtguy1

Chances are they will take your wheels and tires off your rig for the repair. I would check your lug nuts before you head home:yup:. I'm with ya on causing your own destruction:cheesy:

Uh oh. I left the wheel lock key at home. Hahahaha

Evilidea

Do you know which heads you had that went out? When I bought my 2012 MW3 I had them give me Part# for the heads and I had the AC/AD heads. Are these still failing or the good ones? No issues yet just like to be in the know on this one. Also waiting for dealership to get a fix for the N28 recall as I am now worried about the TOC line issue and have heard in a worst case scenario my Jeep could burn to the ground!:icon_crazy:

Evilidea

OK good to know, my build date was March 2012 and I have the ac/ad heads hope I'm in the clear. Either way warranty will cover it but I'd rather not need to.

MTG

Caught the Bug
. Also waiting for dealership to get a fix for the N28 recall as I am now worried about the TOC line issue and have heard in a worst case scenario my Jeep could burn to the ground!:icon_crazy:

Just go inspect your lines and make sure they are not rubbing.

Top Bottom