Lower control arms?

Devallee

Seems like I'm in need of some adjustable lower control arms (still running stock on a 3.5" lift). Any suggestions? I see that they range in price and some need more maintenance than others and whatnot. Just looking to see what most of you are running or would recommend. Thanks in advance :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EVO makes a nice set of front lowers and Currie's are a good choice too if you plan on running coil overs some day. If you're not looking for big flex, Full Traction and Clayton makes a nice set of arms too. I have run a lot of control arms and these are what I would go with.

Devallee

EVO makes a nice set of front lowers and Currie's are a good choice too if you plan on running coil overs some day. If you're not looking for big flex, Full Traction and Clayton makes a nice set of arms too. I have run a lot of control arms and these are what I would go with.

Well as soon as I finish fixing this whole front end issue I plan on going with a long arm lift like the Evo enforcer so maybe the evo or Currie arms are my best bet. What's maintenance like on the joints? Just oil every so often?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well as soon as I finish fixing this whole front end issue I plan on going with a long arm lift like the Evo enforcer so maybe the evo or Currie arms are my best bet. What's maintenance like on the joints? Just oil every so often?

Periodic greasing is all that is needed for the most part. Rebuild as needed but, that won't be for a while.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If your going long arm why waste your money on short arms now? Unless its going to be a while before the long arms.

rtguy1

Fyi The enforcer is not a long arm kit. It comes with adjustable front lowers.

Capita

When purchasing adjustable control arms for caster should you opt for lower's or will upper's work?

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

Had the full traction. They were ok till I got coilovers. Now have EVO. They can adj without pulling off. Both long and short arms:yup:

BBrown626

Had the full traction. They were ok till I got coilovers. Now have EVO. They can adj without pulling off. Both long and short arms:yup:

Rancho,
aside from the ability to adjust them without pulling the end off, what do the EVO arms do that the full traction didn't?
I have coil-overs with Teraflex arms and I am wondering what I am missing.

Thank you,

Brent

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Rancho,
aside from the ability to adjust them without pulling the end off, what do the EVO arms do that the full traction didn't?
I have coil-overs with Teraflex arms and I am wondering what I am missing.

Thank you,

Brent

I was ripping through the vulcanized rubber joint that mounts to the frame side every month, both front and back. This was due to the additional flex I was getting out of the coilovers.
I have EVO upfront and Currie in rear because still on short arms.
Both are as beefy as the full traction, but they have Johnny joints on both ends. Been running tougher trails flexing out without issue for a year now. If teraflex arms have JJs on both ends I guess it should be fine.

BBrown626

I was ripping through the vulcanized rubber joint that mounts to the frame side every month, both front and back. This was due to the additional flex I was getting out of the coilovers.
I have EVO upfront and Currie in rear because still on short arms.
Both are as beefy as the full traction, but they have Johnny joints on both ends. Been running tougher trails flexing out without issue for a year now. If teraflex arms have JJs on both ends I guess it should be fine.

Very good to know. I'll have to keep an eye on them. I believe the TF joints on the frame end are Johnny Joints. Not 100% sure though.

Top Bottom