To trade or not to trade...?

Im thinking about trading in my 2012 jku sport for a 2012 or newer 2 door jk (possibly rubicon) I never use the rear seats or rear doors I have now and dont need all the room the 4 door gives you. And I really like the new anvil or billet silver color. Just wondering what your opinion is on this trade..

Reasons to trade:
-Start a new, more focused build
-choose a color that I like more
-better mpg, turning radius, and power
-hopefully lose some of the issues im having with mine now

Reasons not to trade:
-having to start over
-5k wasted if not sold with aftermarket In sales price

Thanks for your opinions

-Sean

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

David1tontj

I've got a silver two door for you. It's a 2005 "slightly modified" haha. What mods do you have?

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

I've got a silver two door for you. It's a 2005 "slightly modified" haha. What mods do you have?

Although I love the tj's and lj's, im really looking for a newer jk with the 3.6 in it. But anyways... I have a 3.5" rk flex system, 35" toyo mts, aev rear bumper/tire carrier, psc sliders, afe y pipe, evo c gussets, and a few minor mods.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379799418531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379799418531.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 89

David1tontj

Don't worry I'm only joking. My wife would kill me if I got rid of my jeep after the axle swap and countless hours of modifications.

eeftw

Im thinking about trading in my 2012 jku sport for a 2012 or newer 2 door jk (possibly rubicon) I never use the rear seats or rear doors I have now and dont need all the room the 4 door gives you. And I really like the new anvil or billet silver color. Just wondering what your opinion is on this trade..

Reasons to trade:
-Start a new, more focused build
-choose a color that I like more
-better mpg, turning radius, and power
-hopefully lose some of the issues im having with mine now

Reasons not to trade:
-having to start over
-5k wasted if not sold with aftermarket In sales price

Thanks for your opinions

-Sean

I let my wife have my four door and I got a two door. It is really fun!

Don't worry I'm only joking. My wife would kill me if I got rid of my jeep after the axle swap and countless hours of modifications.

Any pictures you can share? Id love to see your rig!

eeftw

What do you like more about the 2 door over the 4 door? Just looking for your opinion

Thanks,
Sean

The two is a lot more "zippy". The four seemed very sluggish and sloppy. I do not rock crawl or anything and I go down some pretty tight trails that the four door would have to hang it up. I did not need a back seat and I really really wanted commando green my four door was crush. I liked the crush but when my wife started wanting one the green just seemed to fit me because I was prior military. The ride on the two door you seem more connected with the road than you do with the four door. Some people like that and others don't it's all preference but I can tell you even though my wife has a four and it's modded also we always take the two door on vacations etc. it's just more fun.

David1tontj

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800460.174479.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800481.957322.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800504.377726.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800521.351552.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800551.623509.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800572.192936.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800631.321902.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800663.434730.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800692.997229.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800747.472119.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379800782.272053.jpg . Just a few for fun. The BFgs are 37". The iroks are 40" and the boggers are also 40"

The two is a lot more "zippy". The four seemed very sluggish and sloppy. I do not rock crawl or anything and I go down some pretty tight trails that the four door would have to hang it up. I did not need a back seat and I really really wanted commando green my four door was crush. I liked the crush but when my wife started wanting one the green just seemed to fit me because I was prior military. The ride on the two door you seem more connected with the road than you do with the four door. Some people like that and others don't it's all preference but I can tell you even though my wife has a four and it's modded also we always take the two door on vacations etc. it's just more fun.

First off, thank you for your service. And thank you for your opinion. I as well dont need a rear seat, mine is always folded down so to me, a 2 door seems like the better option. Also having the modification experience from the 4 door, I think it would be good to start over with a 2 door and make it right the first time

eeftw

First off, thank you for your service. And thank you for your opinion. I as well dont need a rear seat, mine is always folded down so to me, a 2 door seems like the better option. Also having the modification experience from the 4 door, I think it would be good to start over with a 2 door and make it right the first time

Thanks. Here is my two door. I wouldn't mind a rubicon but for the additional price the sport does just fine. I can go anywhere the four door guys can with big wheels I just can't go straight up like they do. The two door seems skittish on the hill climbs.
mudydese.jpg

JKRed13

Eeftw: Have to ask...where'd you find that JK decal? Haven't come across that one :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Here is my two door. I wouldn't mind a rubicon but for the additional price the sport does just fine. I can go anywhere the four door guys can with big wheels I just can't go straight up like they do. The two door seems skittish on the hill climbs.
mudydese.jpg

I havent done much hill climbing around me but can see how it may be a bit difficult. Nice jeep btw, I like the green as well.

Man, what a beast! Thanks for the pictures. Bought new?

David1tontj

Nope. Bought it about 2.5 years ago and the building began! It's been "done"(for now) for a year or so. It wheels awesome and continues to impress me

eeftw

Eeftw: Have to ask...where'd you find that JK decal? Haven't come across that one :/

Of all places it came from Ukraine . My wife got it off a website but they are available all over just google jk zombie hand print it should come up. A lot of places have them.

Edit: came from supdec

Last edited:

JKRed13

Of all places it came from Ukraine . My wife got it off a website but they are available all over just google jk zombie hand print it should come up. A lot of places have them.

Edit: came from supdec

Thanks! Of course, it's the obvious things we sometimes fail to see...I didn't realize it was a zombie hand print :rolleyes:
I just knew I seen it and I loved it!

Top Bottom