Potato Ridge / Rocky Gap Road, Las Vegas NV 5/31/12

4x4Brit

For those that are familiar with Potato Ridge / Rocky Gap Road here in Vegas, you'll know it's a favorite of local four wheeler's. You never quite know how it's going to be from season to season as it gets washed out a lot. It's big reason why it's my favorite trail. There are a number of optional washes to go through for more fun and a high route go around for vehicles not so well equipped. There is one wash that must be passed as it is the only path through but it's nothing overly crazy. You can see my friends lifted Liberty get through it without too much trouble. He got stuck a couple of times but we rearranged a few rocks here and there and he motored right on.

Some good info including GPS coordinates in this link: http://www.birdandhike.com/Hike/Red_Rocks/Roads_RR/RockyGapRd/_RockyGapRd.htm

Here's a short video I put together from today's run. Forgive the sketchy camera work with the iPhone :D

Enjoy and if you are ever in the area, let us know!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Nice video! It looks like a fun trail, If Im ever in the area I may have to try it out. :yup: Thanks for sharing!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
fun trail and nice to be on when things start to heat up in the valley. looks like you had a great time - thanks for posting that up :cool:

4x4Brit

Thanks guys. It was definitely a lot cooler than the valley up there. That was my first time messing with a video editor so I'm pleased with how it came out. Might have to upgrade my dslr for one with video now :)

JKRay, it's a fun trail and our guys are always down to do it so you'll have company.

Top Bottom