Engine code cause? P-0394.

ttfhell

For anybody out there smarter than me, should be a lot of you. Any idea what would cause this? Or anybody have experience with this code? Limp mode all the way home from Big Bear. Limited to 3000 rpms max.

P0394 - Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Intermittent Bank 2
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
For anybody out there smarter than me, should be a lot of you. Any idea what would cause this? Or anybody have experience with this code? Limp mode all the way home from Big Bear. Limited to 3000 rpms max.

P0394 - Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Intermittent Bank 2
Thanks

The gigawatts on your flux capacitor have to be increased.

ttfhell

I can't hit 88 mph with my gear set-up thanks to Eddie.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If that's true I call dibs on his axles...he's not going to need them any time soon. :cheesy:

Neither will you. :cheesy:

And I already have dibs. I know where he lives so when he goes on vacation for 3 or more weeks I should have enough time to swap them out.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Neither will you. :cheesy:

And I already have dibs. I know where he lives so when he goes on vacation for 3 or more weeks I should have enough time to swap them out.

3 weeks huh? Guess you only plan to steal one at a time? :thinking: :cheesy:

ttfhell

Wtf! I'm still alive and you guys are carving my jeep up. Rude

HazMatJK

Mine has been in the shop for the last week due to this issue.

The check engine light and the traction control light come on when the engine is under load i.e. pulling hills and at 3200-3600 rpms.

It goes into limp mode. I have to Pull over and restart the engine, then the CEL stays on. After numerous engine cycles or several hours it eventually goes away. Problem is it runs like shit and only gets 10mpg and the ECO control does not come on.

Code P0394 and another one for ' Torque Request Denied'

This is the 5th time in the last month it's been at the dealer for the same problem. Chrysler is now involved as I opened a case and a Field Engineer is working with the dealer. They replaced the cam phaser (left bank sensor) and installed a new harness.

They still don't know what's wrong.

I had my drivers side head replaced at 7,000 miles. I do not think they installed the corrected head but with one they had on the shelf.

I believe it's the head again. When the CEL comes on it runs rough and it taps like hell.

I'm still in a rental provided by Chrysler and it is being evaluated and fixed under the power train warranty.

I will let you know what happens.

HazMatJK

Drivers side cam phasers replaced, camshafts replaced, 16 hours of engine rewiring, oil pressure switch replaced, oil pump replaced, oil pump solenoid replaced, EGR replaced, passenger side cam phasers replaced.

Still does it from time to time.

onebuilder

Drivers side cam phasers replaced, camshafts replaced, 16 hours of engine rewiring, oil pressure switch replaced, oil pump replaced, oil pump solenoid replaced, EGR replaced, passenger side cam phasers replaced.

Still does it from time to time.

In addition to all those parts replaced, they have changed the timing and oil pump chains, tensioner, guides, cam and crank gears. Still no luck!

Mattyg04

Same issue. Cel came on, followed by traction control light then limp mode. Replaced sensor myself 2 days and problem seem solved. Well it happend again tonight. Just unhooked battery for the night. See if anything resets by morming. 20-3 JK 40,000 miles.
Anyone successfully fix this on their own?

Top Bottom