Should I switch to synthetic oil now that there are over 100K on the Jeep

naysjp

I searched the threads and read about what oil everyone prefers BUT my question is specfic for when should someone change to a synthetic oil or continue using dinosaur oil now that the Jeep has high miles on it. I have 123K on my 04 TJ and use 30W dino. Should I switch to a synthetic oil after 9 years? Let me know what you guys/girls do on your high mileage Jeeps. I want to take of girlfriend so she can keep getting me after a week of work and after running the trails.:)

In my opinion and experience, I have always used synthetic oils from day one. I have noticed all the positives that synthetic gives. I recently changed the oil on my 1994 gmc 1500 with synthetic. I purchased her new with 11 miles and now cataloged 262736 on the original motor and tranny. Maybe I got lucky but I used to give her hell as a kid and she still kicks ass and brings many deer, elk and fish home. I purchased a new 2013 jkur and changed all the fluids to synthetic.
Maybe im crazy, but also did the synthetic on my once new 2004 titan, 2001 TL, 2005 and 2009 pathfinders. Great luck so far.

Sent while sitting on the crapper.

Dyno oil is like a dirty, cheap easy woman. One day your going to wish your dip stick never had that stuff on it.

Panda

Dyno oil is like a dirty, cheap easy woman. One day your going to wish your dip stick never had that stuff on it.

Yup that's the truth I'm a newb to the jeep world but I been workin on cars my whole life & I can vouch that synthetic oil is 100 times better for ring & bearing wear & it can make your engine last way longer put it in while your engine is still strong don't put it in later just to keep it alive

naysjp

The kid made the suggestion when I went for an oilchange and I told him I will make the decision before my next oil change after I talk with my Jeeping buddies. I do the synth for the diffs as I use the mobil 1 but now I will make that switch to synth my next oil change. Gotta make sure I remember synth, synth,synth now. I've used dino on all 3 vehicles I have ever owned in my life. Thank you for the input. so I am thinking about getting a second car so it sounds like you guys believe I should start synth at the beginning on the new vehicles life.

Top Bottom