K&N

roguejeep008

Quick question.... What are if any, the benefits of using a K&N oil filter over any other. What would anyone recommend?
Thanks in advance

pastorwug

Clean, recharge with light oil and reuse - essentially cheaper and better (more air flow) in the long run.

Conman

Quick question.... What are if any, the benefits of using a K&N oil filter over any other. What would anyone recommend?
Thanks in advance

I rep for K&N and I do know that the actual filter element is a little better design than you get with a standard filter. K&N claims better oil filtration and a longer lasting filter life. I have seen the cross cut sections from both and can honestly say the K&N is a better quality.

With that said I have never run a K&N oil filter in my jeep.

David1tontj

I rep for K&N and I do know that the actual filter element is a little better design than you get with a standard filter. K&N claims better oil filtration and a longer lasting filter life. I have seen the cross cut sections from both and can honestly say the K&N is a better quality.

With that said I have never run a K&N oil filter in my jeep.

I don't know about this guy..... Sounds like a conman

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

JK's JK

Banned
I have the Airaid 311-208 SynthaMax Dry Filter Intake System installed in my Jeep. I couldnt tell a difference to be honest.

DSC01353.JPG

JK's JK

Banned
Op is asking about oil filters....

I posted since I was orignally going to go with oiled filler but then I thought about how much of a hassle my K&N filler I have in my Truck, causes such a problem. Having to buy oil products then also buying the cleaner for the filter which I've gone though countless times.........I was done. So I went with teh Synthetic filter which does not need that but just washing out. I think K&N offers the same set up I think. I think Conman can answer that question.

But thank you for pointing that out for me RockyJk but does say over any other......:brows:

RockyJk

I posted since I was orignally going to go with oiled filler but then I thought about how much of a hassle my K&N filler I have in my Truck, causes such a problem. Having to buy oil products then also buying the cleaner for the filter which I've gone though countless times.........I was done. So I went with teh Synthetic filter which does not need that but just washing out. I think K&N offers the same set up I think. I think Conman can answer that question.

But thank you for pointing that out for me RockyJk but does say over any other......:brows:

Lol you are correct...:thumbup:

miguel250r

I did a little reading when I bought my last oil filter and k&n claimed to clean the smallest micron cleaning than the others on the summit racing website so I went with the k&n brand oil filter the black one just Cuz it had the NASCAR logo haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Lol. Send me your money... I have a line on a great investment.

So you're the guy that keeps on trying to buy all my stuff on Craigslist!! Nice to finally meet you. Sorry about all those terrible replies I sent you about where to put your money order. Haha. Gotta love the Craigslist scammers. "I saw your advert while surfing the interweb, and would like to pay your full asking price"

Conman

So you're the guy that keeps on trying to buy all my stuff on Craigslist!! Nice to finally meet you. Sorry about all those terrible replies I sent you about where to put your money order. Haha. Gotta love the Craigslist scammers. "I saw your advert while surfing the interweb, and would like to pay your full asking price"

Oh one way or another we WILL get your money.

OJK12

I personally don't think cotton/gauze filters are better than the factory filters they seem like modern day snake oil to me and leave your intake exposed to the elements. I've owned a couple on other vehicles and saw no real improvement on either vehicle. Just my 2 cents but I wouldn't waste my money.

miguel250r

I personally don't think cotton/gauze filters are better than the factory filters they seem like modern day snake oil to me and leave your intake exposed to the elements. I've owned a couple on other vehicles and saw no real improvement on either vehicle. Just my 2 cents but I wouldn't waste my money.

He was asking about oil filters not air filters

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I've run both oiled and non...since I spend a lot of time in Moab, I find the non-oiled filter much easier to clean. the red dirt sticks to the oiled too much and is hell to clean, even with a pre-filter dust cover.

BTW if you plan a trip to a dusty area like Moab I recommend taking a cleaning kit if oil type or using a pre-filter or taking a 2nd filter if you plan to drive your rig to and from.

billybob990

I work at an auto parts store and can tell you with k&n you pay a lot for the name. A wix filter will do you just fine. Or just use mopar filters.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skirmish

I'm guessing all oil filters are oiled at some point. I hope so anyway. This thread is cracking me up.

I guess it depends on how often you change your oil. Really a standard filter should be fine if you check your dipstick and keep your oil clear.

Top Bottom