Running CB Coax

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Any recommendations on how to run the coax for CB's? Meaning along the floor or through the rollbars? I'm not super well versed in CB's and the do's/don'ts. I originally had the coax run through the center console then down the carpet next to the TCase and routed to the rear of the Jeep under the carpet and out the tailgate to my mount. I'm getting the ORE tire carrier and corners which will force me to relocation my antenna, so in prep, I pulled off my antenna and decide to just pull out the coax for now as my signal wasn't that good and did get a lot of interface it seemed. Any suggestions on where to run the coax? I also need to upgrade my CB as I run the basic old Cobra 75.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
assuming you have your cobra 75 mounted behind your glove box, i would just route the cable through the plastic trim along your doors and toward the rear quarter panel on the passenger side. from there, you can drop it down the existing rubber gromet and down through the quarter panel outside.

ichthus

Using a Cobra 29, I found it very easy to run along the roll bars, under the padding. My antenna is tailgate mounted, so i zip tied the coax to the wires running into the tailgate.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Ok thanks. I have the little box for the cobra 75 in the center console. Debating what to do for a replacement and mounting location. It sounds like routing outward is the best plan of attack.

Top Bottom