Bad trannny/t-case mount?

I was in the process of changing my drivelines the other day to something better when I noticed a bit of side to side movement from the transfer case. If I grab it and shake it,it will move about 2 inches . Is this normal or is it time to replace the mount?

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Army_Vet

Banned
I was in the process of changing my drivelines the other day to something better when I noticed a bit of side to side movement from the transfer case. If I grab it and shake it,it will move about 2 inches . Is this normal or is it time to replace the mount?

If there was absolutely no mount in there at all I doubt you could move it 2" by hand; but even if it seems like two inches no this not good. It is supposed to move a lil, so you need to be sure its not the good movement.

With a prybar try to lift it off the crossmember and see a gap. this is a good place to start.

I was just under it again and I dont see any slop in the mount bushings but it definately moves around when I shake it.

Army_Vet

Banned
I was just under it again and I dont see any slop in the mount bushings but it definately moves around when I shake it.

Maybe just the bolts worked loose. Is it possible to show the movement for all of us to asses

Top Bottom