Running Water Sound in 2014 JKUR

FastZach

So I have a new 2014 JKUR and it only has about 1000 miles on it. Every time I start it up, I hear this weird running water noise. Ive seen people say its either the heater core or air in the coolant system.

Any of you guys had this same problem?? If so how was trying to get it warrantied. What was the fix? I have 3.5" lift and 35" tires

jhires

So I have a new 2014 JKUR and it only has about 1000 miles on it. Every time I start it up, I hear this weird running water noise. Ive seen people say its either the heater core or air in the coolant system.

Any of you guys had this same problem?? If so how was trying to get it warrantied. What was the fix? I have 3.5" lift and 35" tires

There are a few threads on this already. I had the same thing with my 2013 when new. The general consensus that the air is not flushed from the cooling system from the factory and is taken care of during your first service. The sound is most likely the water cycling into the heater core.

I can verify that the sound quit in my rig after the first service.

Devallee

There are a few threads on this already. I had the same thing with my 2013 when new. The general consensus that the air is not flushed from the cooling system from the factory and is taken care of during your first service. The sound is most likely the water cycling into the heater core. I can verify that the sound quit in my rig after the first service.
Mine is an 09 and I still hear this every time I start it..should I be worried? Haha
Edit: with almost 50k miles on it

I had the same issue in another vehicle and it turned out to be an air pocket in the heater core. Drove us nuts till we figured it out.

I heard that noise after getting my transmission fluid changed in my 2012 auto. It went away after a week or so. Not sure if there's any relation

aemery

I was having this when I got my 2014 JKUR also. I either got used to it or it went away. AT 4k now. I'm going to have to pay attention when I start it in the morning. I wasn't worried about it since temp was good and heater works.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Same here. 13' JK and 14' JKU both had it. Never really bothered me too much. I assumed it was just fluids returning to their happy place!

FastZach

I figured out it was air in the cooling system.. We burped the system and it went away. Had to add a lot of coolant though.. The Jeep is still running hot in opinion, about 225 cruising at 45 MPH.. Too hot or what?

Turbobob

Yep....air in the system. Dealer replaced leaking thermostat housing, replaced radiator cap, and flushed cooling system. Hasn't made the noise since. I tried burping it at home on my own, but had no luck. Took a lot of coolant, but noise still persisted. If it is under warranty, have the dealer take care of it.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

Common issue and it will eventually go away. If you want to speed it up, burp the system yourself. Open the radiator cap (cold) and squeeze the upper hose a few times to try and push air out. Helps a lot if you can get your jeep on an incline (front higher than rear)....you might need to do this a few times, but I got mine to go away right at the 1000 mile mark.

Top Bottom