Occasional shuddering brake pedal ?

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
So this only happens on a specific freeway on ramp. It a right hand curve and it's downhill and has a couple bumps. When I go on this on ramp if I am going any faster than just a trickle when I hit the bumps I hear a grinding noise and my Brake pedal seems to shudder and the brakes not work. Is this something to do with the stability control? Why the grinding/ shudder with the brake pedal ? The brakes seem fine anywhere else and this only happens under these specific conditions. Any input is appreciated.

Army_Vet

Banned
So this only happens on a specific freeway on ramp. It a right hand curve and it's downhill and has a couple bumps. When I go on this on ramp if I am going any faster than just a trickle when I hit the bumps I hear a grinding noise and my Brake pedal seems to shudder and the brakes not work. Is this something to do with the stability control? Why the grinding/ shudder with the brake pedal ? The brakes seem fine anywhere else and this only happens under these specific conditions. Any input is appreciated.
I feel the shudder on a specific turn i take everyday, similar conditions... no grinding though... I think it is the stability+abs systems... I have no confirmation though

Army_Vet

Banned
It may not be a loud grinding but maybe just my mind thinking the shuddering is making noise

Hell mine may be grinding, but my radio is usually loud anyway... If it is the abs it would explain the shudder, happening in a turn will make it more pronounced, the grinding may just be the sound of the pads grabbing and letting go...

Army_Vet

Banned
As you come up to this exit, turn off the stability system, see if this eliminates the shudder. I am going to try this tomorrow

suicideking

Yeah, sounds like the stability control, I just got this fixed. Watch the dash when you're stopping, the stability light will come on when it's happening.

For me the fix was a loose bolt in the steering (drag link). I also had a lot of play in the steering. Wheel was also off center which will also contribute.

Army_Vet

Banned
It just did it again when I had the radio down. I heard the noise you described as grinding. Its actually the abs module activating valves real fast...

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VWright14

Yeah I get it on very low speed turns if there is a bump our pot hole in the middle of it. ... just crappy oem abs programming/valving.

Sent while watching chicks get naked.

JKWrang

It just did it again when I had the radio down. I heard the noise you described as grinding. Its actually the abs module activating valves real fast...

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stop driving amd Wayalifing... :cheesy:

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Cjacks95

Banned
If your steering wheel is slightly off it happens. If your going on a turn and your wheel is off you feel okay but your jeeps computer is saying hey I'm going 40 on a turn so your ABS is locking up

Top Bottom