Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The nice thing about having 2 JK's is that if one breaks, you have a Plan B to keep you out on the trails. But, what happens if your both Plan A and Plan B are broken? Well, you move into Plan C and for us, that would be our bone stock 1997 4-door XJ. With Moby having been out for the count since February and Rubicat needing some TLC after the JK-Experience, it became clear to us that we needed one more option and this thread has been started to highlight it's build. To kick things off, here are a few pics of what it looks like now :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Our goal with this Jeep isn't to make it into a Moby or even Rubicat but rather, just get it higher off the ground and make it capable enough to get us out into the desert and mountains to do the kind of exploring that we love. To get us a bit higher off the ground, we've decided to get a Rancho 2.5" lift with new spring packs and run it with a set of new RS 7000MT shocks. For tires, we'll be buying a set of 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers installed on Level 8 ZX wheels from Discount Tire. Of course, 33's will be a bit tight on just 2.5" of lift but, we plan on helping that out with a little trimming and a set of Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares. For lights, we'll be running a set of Truck-Lite LED's like we have on all our Jeeps and as far as things like bumpers and rocker guards go, they are still to be determined.

Anyway, I hope you'll follow and enjoy our build :cool:

Current Build Specs:
Rancho 2.5" Lift Kit w/New Spring Packs
Discount Tire purchased 285/70R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers mounted on Level 8 ZX Wheels
Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares
Bumpers (to be determined)
Rocker Guards (to be determined)
Truck-Lite Headlights
JKS Swaybar Disconnects

UPDATE: As of 9/20/15, this XJ now belongs to our son Andrew:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ALIFE-XJ-Build&p=584379&viewfull=1#post584379

pastorwug

This will be fun, we once owned the exact XJ, manual shift, 4L in-line six - great engine with tons of potential.
We ran the wheels off of that Jeep and it always came back for more.
Good choice, can't wait to see it's evolution.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
looking forward to seeing everything that you do with the XJ Eddie! im sure more than what you listed will get done due to needs and wants

ssh6314

Subbed. Started with and still own an xj. Its on one tons and 37's. More than my jk :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to the build.:thumbup:
But no 40's :eek:
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CloakedLJ

Nice! this should be an interesting build for sure. Can't wait to see it unfold. I wish I could find a Cherokee that nice up here. I have no plan B. If plan A is out so am I.

Top Bottom