Crash Bar Delete

pvanweelden

i was contemplating cutting that last night, but have the edisco, is there a writeup any where on moving the edisco up?

2007 JKU

Banned
Long gone....same goes for the disco...best thing I did. I put on a ORO swayloc..perfect on the street and trail.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Be careful with that. If you ever get into a front end collision, and sustain injuries that you want the insurance companies to pay for, their investigators can deny the claim. If you are going to cut it off, you should have a very good reason to do so.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Be careful with that. If you ever get into a front end collision, and sustain injuries that you want the insurance companies to pay for, their investigators can deny the claim. If you are going to cut it off, you should have a very good reason to do so.

It's not structural.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Why would they deny the claim?

pastorwug

The "very good reason" would be approach angle for the front, at least that's the premise I've heard from some others.

mrmet1983

There's no way that flimsy metal will keep a car from going under it. U could kick it and bend it.

That's not the point the point is an insurance company will find any reason not to pay ur claim hence why mine is staying on. If ur really all about approach angle go for it

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
There's no way that flimsy metal will keep a car from going under it. U could kick it and bend it.

Thats completely irrelevant. Anything an investigator can blame to get out of paying a massive bill they will. I have plenty of experience with this (not personally, friends) in the sports car world. Many cars that get modified with aftermarket turbos require front mount intercoolers, and thus, the removal of the bumper bar. I have had friends get into accidents (massive body damage and some injuries) and the insurance companies denied their claim based on the fact that they blamed the massive damage on the missing bumper bar. Although it was obvious if the bar was there or not the damage would have been substantial anyway, their point was that had the bar been there the damage COULD have been lessened. After that, its all on you. Hire a lawyer and argue your case with experts charging $300 an hour fighting with the insurance companies. I have had friends successfully get their claims paid, and some gave up because hiring a lawyer (no one will take this case on contingency) would cost more than the damage. If the approach angle is worth it more than this possiblity, then thats a decision you need to make. Again, I am NOT saying this bar does anything useful, Im merely saying anything an insurance company can use against you to not pay your claim they will.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So YOU have no experience with this.

Considering my mother was the attorney and I was helping her with everything technical Id say I have experience in this but you can go ahead and cut your bar off. No sweat off my back, I could care less but will laugh when the insurance company denies you a 150k medical bill.

Considering my mother was the attorney and I was helping her with everything technical Id say I have experience in this but you can go ahead and cut your bar off. No sweat off my back, I could care less but will laugh when the insurance company denies you a 150k medical bill.

I'll just run to Mexico lmao jkjk mine is still on but I will cut mine once I get a new bumper

Top Bottom