Rotating your Spare Tire in.

brizon85

Hey guys just wanted to see if a lot of you like to rotate your spare tire in for use? If so when and how often do you rotate them .

JK's JK

Banned
Once I get my set of 37's in, I'm going to rotate all 5 of them every 3-4k miles. Like a oil change. That and gives your tires life a good 20% longer.....I think thats the %????:thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You guys have too much time on your hands to rotate every 2-3k miles. I do all 5 at every oil change or 8k miles.

Going to at least 37's next so no need to save the spare.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
You guys have too much time on your hands to rotate every 2-3k miles. I do all 5 at every oil change or 8k miles.

Going to at least 37's next so no need to save the spare.

Me to, every 5K miles with 6 qts. of Red Line 5-30. Even stock 255's cost a sh!#load of bucks so an extra 20% mileage is worth the effort. Gotta admit though, rotating five tires in the AZ heat is no fun.:grayno:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
everytime i get my oil changed i do my tires (3-5K). sticking with 35's for a while so why not make it last.

mrmet1983

I do mine every 3k and just so it clears up everything I am always very busy but like any good jeeper I make time for proper maintenance. If you don't have time to take care of ur jeep maybe you shouldn't have one

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I do mine every 3k and just so it clears up everything I am always very busy but like any good jeeper I make time for proper maintenance. If you don't have time to take care of ur jeep maybe you shouldn't have one

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Lol! It's not my money your wasting its your own. :thumb:

Army_Vet

Banned

Lol! It's not my money your wasting its your own. :thumb:

How is proper maintenance a waist of money? Am I missing something?

David1tontj

How is proper maintenance a waist of money? Am I missing something?

Preventative maintenance is worth every penny, but I've never heard of anyone recommending a tire rotation every 3000 miles. Just seems a little excessive

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Last edited:

Army_Vet

Banned
Preventative maintenance is worth every penny, but I've never heard of anyone recommending a tire rotation every 3000 miles. Just seems a little excessive

It may be excessive, but why be so bitter about what someone else sees as good PM.... Just doesn't make any sense to me, I don't know why anyone spends so much time being negative...

xtremefx4

When I had my stock I would rotate every oil change. That was about 7000 miles. I have about 47000 mile on my stock BFG MT's. Still have about 10000 more on them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

It may be excessive, but why be so bitter about what someone else sees as good PM.... Just doesn't make any sense to me, I don't know why anyone spends so much time being negative...

I think overlander could be negative about puppies playing in a park!! Haha. He's entitled to his opinion, and he's said it before that he thinks its funny to get people fired up (my words).. I think we all shouldn't be so easily offended. ........I love jeeps!!

Army_Vet

Banned
He's entitled to his opinion, and he's said it before that he thinks its funny to get people fired up (my words).. I think we all shouldn't be so easily offended. ........I love jeeps!!

Yes I agree he is entitled.... I support that 100%... But I am entitled to mine as well, If certain people are entitled to be negative, and entitled to get people riled up for their own amusement; then I think people should be entitled to be offended as easy as they wish....

David1tontj

Yes I agree he is entitled.... I support that 100%... But I am entitled to mine as well, If certain people are entitled to be negative, and entitled to get people riled up for their own amusement; then I think people should be entitled to be offended as easy as they wish....

Agreed, but ...... "Ain't nobody got time for dat". Haha. Life is too short to be upset all the time. I try not to start stuff for that very reason, sorry if i did.

Top Bottom