New Genright Cage Coming!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Not sure about frame tie-ins or other details, but they are teasing that they are launching this new product.

From their FB:
Planned to be shown at SEMA, we are giving the public a sneak peek of the first full weld in rollcage for the Jeep JK. This is not just another kit that adds tubes to the stock cage, but actually replaces it and makes it stronger.

The cage is made from 2" DOM tubing, mandrel bent, laser cut and marked tubes & brackets. Plus, once you have it fully built and welded, you can remove the cage for powder coating.

(Pictured is the protoype, production cage may change)

1380049_10151751112539635_1336625399_n.jpg

Prime8

Doesn't EVO/ORE already make a fully weld in cage for the jk that fully replaces the factory one...? Genright should do their homework!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Interesting. I'd like to see more details. I like the b-pillar tube assuming it ties into the frame. Is it just me or does the front cross tube look to be below the dash?

silverbackjk

Interesting. I'd like to see more details. I like the b-pillar tube assuming it ties into the frame. Is it just me or does the front cross tube look to be below the dash?

I noticed the tube below the dash to

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rippin Lipz

Syngery has had a great weld in cage with frame tie ins since last year.

Synergy's still uses some of the stock cage. This appears to be a full replacement. This definately looks interesting. I have been waiting on the EVO cage for some time now. Are you sying it's in production? Do you have a link? Thanks.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Synergy's still uses some of the stock cage. This appears to be a full replacement. This definately looks interesting. I have been waiting on the EVO cage for some time now. Are you sying it's in production? Do you have a link? Thanks.

ORE's cage is considered custom fab. That's I was told on Monday of this week by them. Still waiting on my quote from them...

rtguy1

ORE's cage is considered custom fab. That's I was told on Monday of this week by them. Still waiting on my quote from them...

exactly. i think genright is saying this will be a "kit" that can be ordered, whereas the evo cage is "install at ORE only" kinda deal. the bright side is at least there is another option that will be available to choose from. competition is good for the consumer

LoPo

Caught the Bug
exactly. i think genright is saying this will be a "kit" that can be ordered, whereas the evo cage is "install at ORE only" kinda deal. the bright side is at least there is another option that will be available to choose from. competition is good for the consumer

Yep. I do like the fact that it includes additional support in a number of places I was looking to add to any of the existing cages available.

bl17z90

How does that work with the sound bar? I know music is important to most of us so is that q thing where you figure that part out yourself?

yes i believe that the ORE cage is still considered a "custom" install. so i suppose that this would be the first "off the shelf" full weld in cage.

andrew-

i think for most off-roaders, the bolt in cages are enough. it is when you are planning on running high speeds is when the weld in is going to be a good idea.

andrew-

GCM 2

The center "V" down the windshield wouldn't work for me on a DD.

I talked with ORE (Mel) about the center windshield "V" bars, pretty much an illegal add on for on-road use. Not sure that I care, I would run it until Johnny Law cited me or it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I talked with ORE (Mel) about the center windshield "V" bars, pretty much an illegal add on for on-road use. Not sure that I care, I would run it until Johnny Law cited me or it.

What is illegal? The reduction of visibility?

GCM 2

What is illegal? The reduction of visibility?

I think so, obstruction or something. Think about it, you don't see any vehicle anymore with split windows (old VW buses, big rigs, buses, motor homes). It my have been some code written in over the years to phase that type of construction out. Hell, I really don't know, maybe I will look into it a little deeper instead of just guessing:icon_crazy:

silverbackjk

This may be a dumb question but do you scrap the dash with this kit? It looks like it would be hard to reinstall the factory dash back?

Top Bottom