Wheel Weights on Inside

matt08jk

I just had new ProComp 97 steel wheels put on this morning and driving back I got some speed related feedback (wobbles) around 40 mph. I realize (from reading other threads) that this is a tire balancing issue. I asked them to not put any weights on the exterior of the wheel (they are black wheels and only had grey weights). When I called back the guy said doing weights on the inside like i asked always causes this feedback. Is this true? Do you have to put weights on the outside for them to balance right?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have weights on the inside and not on the outside and mine are perfectly fine. Where did you get it done, a local shop?

i have always had the weights put on the inside, on all of my vehicles and never had an issue. who mounted/balanced your tires?

andrew-

matt08jk

I had a place down in Alabama called Roadmart do it. I may just take it somewhere else and get it rebalanced. Thanks!

SaddleTramp

Worked in my Dad's tire shop for years growing up and as long as the balancing machine is calibrated and set up correctly, there isn't a problem using stick on weights on the inside of the wheel. Have them rechecked or go to a different shop.

matt08jk

Worked in my Dad's tire shop for years growing up and as long as the balancing machine is calibrated and set up correctly, there isn't a problem using stick on weights on the inside of the wheel. Have them rechecked or go to a different shop.

Ok, cool. That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure from the experts. Appreciate the help.

Top Bottom