Quick spring question!

Cjacks95

Banned
People probably get this all the time but I can't find it!!! So I have a 2dr with a 3.5 inch rough country lift.. I feel like it settled a lot (smittybilt xrc fenders, src front bumper) so it doesn't sit as high as I should be. I wanted to go a little higher anyway (4") but I found a killer deal on 3" full traction springs for a 4 door.. I know no one knows how much higher it'll actually take me but hoping around a 4in or an actual 3.5 with all the weight I have. But I was wondering. Is the ride worse? Like stiffer or such? If so how much? Like an unbearable amount? Because my jeep actually rides pretty nice right now. If the ride quality on it is that much worse ill probably just get like 1inch coil spacers and then grab some teraflex springs in the future.

Any input is appreciated
Thanks
Colby

JKWrang

Not that I'm qualified to answer this... but I'd leave it be. If it rides well, clears your tires and performs well on the trail, no need to mess with what you have!

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Webe

You could also go with just swapping in the EVO plush 4 in springs. Great ride and very cost effective. But yes, why mess with it for just an inch? If your not having issues clearing the tires, I'd leave it.:twocents:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You could also go with just swapping in the EVO plush 4 in springs. Great ride and very cost effective. But yes, why mess with it for just an inch? If your not having issues clearing the tires, I'd leave it.:twocents:

What he said, with the exception of leaving it alone. EVO Plush definitely ride better than RC coils. I'd swap for that alone. As far as clearance and settling I would go with 3" for low COG on a 2-dr and you should have no problem clearing 35's with minimal trimming.

Cjacks95

Banned

What he said, with the exception of leaving it alone. EVO Plush definitely ride better than RC coils. I'd swap for that alone. As far as clearance and settling I would go with 3" for low COG on a 2-dr and you should have no problem clearing 35's with minimal trimming.

How much do they run? And I just want to be a little bit taller for now. I plan on running 37s next time tires come around and I do clear my 35s but I wanted to go a little bigger because of who I wheel with (my dad solid axle ford 250 on 40s locked front and rear) so a little more clearance would be nice

noroad

To your first question about the coil question, if you have a two door then foor door coils will be larger in you jeep such as if they are 3in in a four door then they are more like 4in in the two door. I am no expert but this is what i was told when i was getting springs/coils.

Cjacks95

Banned
To your first question about the coil question, if you have a two door then foor door coils will be larger in you jeep such as if they are 3in in a four door then they are more like 4in in the two door. I am no expert but this is what i was told when i was getting springs/coils.

Yeah that was my plan. To get more of a lift from the 4 door springs I just wanted to know about the ride quality

Top Bottom