Hood fluter

Spartan

Does anyone use aftermarket hood latches, or other aftermarket items to reduce hood flutter at Hwy speeds?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Up until recently, I never ran anything other than the factory latches but, after having one finally break on me, I now run a set of rugged ridge latches but, even a set of daystar latches will do the trick.

dave21

I have the rugged ridge latches for my jku and love them no good flutter at all 1380557784906.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1380557811973.jpg
    1380557811973.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 379

Spartan

Will Rugged Ridge ones work with the Bushwhacker flat fenders? I know the Drake Off Road laches say they won't.

kaptkrappy

Up until recently, I never ran anything other than the factory latches but, after having one finally break on me, I now run a set of rugged ridge latches but, even a set of daystar latches will do the trick.

I have been running the DayStar's for about 2 years and my hood hasn't "fluttered" once since I put them on.

If the Rugged Ridge ones would have been available when I was replacing my OE's I would have gotten them instead. They look awesome.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Cheap and easy way to get rid of good flutter is to remove the good spring. A few if my fellow mischievous Wayalife buddies removed mine for me (unbeknownst to me at the time) and I have zero flutter.......

JKWrang

I haven't noticed my JKU flutter yet. It was pretty obvious on my 08 though. Scared my passengers to death

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

jeff_in_rc

Cheap and easy way to get rid of good flutter is to remove the good spring. A few if my fellow mischievous Wayalife buddies removed mine for me (unbeknownst to me at the time) and I have zero flutter.......

I'm guessing you meant the HOOD spring?

Yup worked for me now I can go 95 with no flutter !

xtremefx4

I have had Daystar for over a year now with no flutter at all. For 24 dollars not a bad investment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wizard

I've had the Daystar ones fitted for a month or two now. Done the job of stopping the Flutter. Such an easy fix you think Jeep would do it.

IMG_1177_zpse49cab9b.jpg

jpone

Used Daystars on my 2007 JKU and they worked perfect. The 2012 hood does flutter, but much less. Will probably change to Daystars if it gets scary again!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Used Daystars on my 2007 JKU and they worked perfect. The 2012 hood does flutter, but much less. Will probably change to Daystars if it gets scary again!

I thought the '12 hood wasn't bad until I went up to Tahoe. Holy hell! I need to order some now.

jpone

I thought the '12 hood wasn't bad until I went up to Tahoe. Holy hell! I need to order some now.

I just drove up the 5 a couple of weeks back and got in some cross wind mixed with big rig blow back and had a few moments. Still better than the '07, but will probably switch over soon.

mgmavant

I had the flutter really bad when I first got my 08 JKU-R. After about a year I purchased a new set from the dealer and I haven't had any problems since. Both sets looked identical, so no idea what was different between the two. It was pretty darn scary when it happened, though.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

I refuse to run aftermarket hood latches, I am a fan of the flutter. Makes me feel like an astronaut. It gives me the feeling that I'm breaking through the sound barrier. I'm pretty sure this pilot and I share the same kind of experience - my jeep reaching "hood flutter" speeds, him punching through the sound barrier. Same....exact....feeling.....that is a fact, it's in the Geneva convention

image-3828906707.jpg

Top Bottom