Looking for an old man exhaust :)

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Maybe Im getting older, but I just put my jeep back to stock and oh my god...it's so nice riding around in a quiet Jeep. My question is, on my next rig, I'd like to keep it quiet, however, I can't stand the look of the OEM muffler. Has anyone been able to change the OEM muffler out that is smaller and out of the way, keep the OEM midpipe with resonator, and retain OEM or near OEM quietness?

P.S. My current rig had a dynomax VT catback on it.

pastorwug

When my muffler guy was welding in my Dynomax I asked him if there was a quiet solution to a muffler in front of the rear axle - he said there just wasn't enough room without interfering with the lift and driveshaft.
He said, generally the smaller the muffler, the louder it is. It takes a small muffler (dynomax) to fit in the frame in front of the rear axle.

Smitty

If you just don't like the look of the silver muffler against the black components you can spray it with flat black stove and grill paint. I did it to mine and I love it. I also like a quiet exhaust and just couldn't find a solution that didn't get loud.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you just don't like the look of the silver muffler against the black components you can spray it with flat black stove and grill paint. I did it to mine and I love it. I also like a quiet exhaust and just couldn't find a solution that didn't get loud.

Thats what I was afraid of. I just wanted a smaller muffler like the AFE but keep the noise level at a minimum, but it seems like it's not possible :(

miguel250r

Thats what I was afraid of. I just wanted a smaller muffler like the AFE but keep the noise level at a minimum, but it seems like it's not possible :(

Flow master makes a hush power muffler that is really small but I never heard of anyone putting one on a jeep

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I also run the Dynomax VT and it's quiet unless I really get on it hmmm, I'll need to pay closer attention to it now that I'm running with the windows down more often

FrankenJeeper

I cut off my exhaust just past my factory t case skid and installed a single chamber flow master and it sounds good, and is reasonably quiet considering its a flow master

Brankz

Dynomax dual turbo is smaller and sounds cool but it's not to loud

I know my English sucks lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'd love to see this solution as well. I only like hearing the exhaust if it's a throaty V8.

Devallee

I had a mangaflow before I put my dynomax on. It was pretty quiet until you step on the gas then you can hear a little growl but nothing obnoxious. I definitely think its quieter than the dynomax evolution as far as driving around town everyday. I think I still have it sitting around if you want it free of charge just pay shipping

Bonehead

I'd love to see this solution as well. I only like hearing the exhaust if it's a throaty V8.

Totally agree with you on this.....this also why I haven't even looked into an exhaust for my JK yet, until I can find something small and quiet.

JKWrang

I want my rumble back. Ill trade someone! Hahaha

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
HAhahaha, some of you guys forgot how quiet the OEM exhaust is. I thought my Dynomax VT was pretty quiet until I drove with it for a year and slapped the OEM back on....it's like a mute monk in a church...I couldn't believe how much better it was. Ive looked at all possible muffler options for sale (axle backs) and found clips on youtube, but all have a little low end rumble that is a tiny bit annoying.

Top Bottom