Is anyone running a superchips or a bullydog on a 3.8 with a manual transmission. If

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run a Superchips on my 2007 with a manual transmission. What is it you want to know?

kRay.JK

Is it worth the price? Does it actually do anything power-wise? Am I better off just getting a ProCal?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it worth the price? Does it actually do anything power-wise? Am I better off just getting a ProCal?

On a manual, I might just stick with a FlashCal or ProCal as the performance gains aren't really that noticeable on a manual. On an auto for sure, just not a manual.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I didn't see it mentioned, but the Diablosport Predator, or now the Trinity that has replaced the Predator, worked great as well. I did a slight improvement in fuel economy on the highway only, when using the fuel economy tune. Throttle response was much improved because of the adjustability of the electronic throttle parameter. Never really noticed a power increase. Even if they claim 20hp, 20hp in a 6500lb underpowered JK would be hard to notice as an improvement IMHO. With that said, it was worth the price I paid.

Krieger

I have an auto with the Superchips and I noticed power gains, especially when I had the stock tires. After I put 37's on it felt very similar to the feel of stock.

JKWrang

Heyyy I have a flashpaq 3875 for sale! :D

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Landman

The biggest factor that you feel on a 3.8 auto is the shift firmness. It makes all the difference!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom