Stock "cage"???

HDGasser

Sooo how well does a stock cage hold up in a rollover?? Not a 60mph barrel roll but just a trail flop?? I understand they have to meet certain requirements that have to be met in order to produce them from the factory but with MOST of us here having added a significant amount of weight to these things how do they do??

I really DO NOT like the fact there is no C pillar in these things protecting people inside... Huge weak point IMO. More importantly my kid. I have no plans on rolling this thing with my kid in the back but then again I don't think anyone does but again shit happens!

Is Poison Spyders c pillar kit worth it?? Or should I just man up and cage the whole thing and be done with it.

Are the bolt in kits strong enough? Or am I going to be striping my JKU and welding in a cage.

ChaosNein

the bolt in cages, whether you go with RockHard, ORFab or Poison Spyder are great insurance in case of a flop or slow roll. The Poison Spyder C-Pillar support can be added with or without any of the above mentioned bolt-on sport cages.

Last edited:

silverbackjk

I got the orfab cage and installed it a while back and am having a lot if trouble getting the the front corners of the header with my trex top to be air tight . I set the windshield back to the exact measurements. So not sure where to go from here. Other than that the cage is great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

HDGasser

the bolt in cages, whether you go with RockHard, ORFab or Poison Spyder are great insurance in case of a flop or slow roll. The Poison Spyder C-Pillar support can be added with or without any of the above mentioned bolt-on sport cages.

andrew-

Any gain in going with a Synergy weld in cage setup over a bolt in setup?? Obviously the welding part but strength wise??

I like the design of the PS one myself...

I got the orfab cage and installed it a while back and am having a lot if trouble getting the the front corners of the header with my trex top to be air tight . I set the windshield back to the exact measurements. So not sure where to go from here. Other than that the cage is great.

Yes!! My next question! Any interference with say a trektop NX??!!

silverbackjk

Any gain in going with a Synergy weld in cage setup over a bolt in setup?? Obviously the welding part but strength wise??

Yes!! My next question! Any interference with say a trektop NX??!!

Not sure if mine is installer error or if it does not work with trektop. Have not had time to call orfab. If I were to do it over I would of went with the rockhard.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Stock cage is probably fine in a flop.
Sport cage is better than the above.
Full weld in cage tied into the frame better still.

All depends on your individual comfort level/budget. I think Eddie has posted on here before he has seen rollovers with a sport cage and they worked fine.

I run a Rock Hard sport cage and the PSC c-pillars in the rear for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not planning to change this set up anytime soon.

ChaosNein

I like the design of the PS one myself...

there will be a strength gain by going with a framed tied in weld-in cage, but this application is overkill for most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom