Powder coating problems...

So I've had my poison spyder sliders powder coated for the second time after having the same problem. I keep getting rust on the inside of the slider. I dont know if this is normal or something I need to complain about because the coating is not right. This 2nd coat was done about 2 months ago, and below is a picture of the rust im worried about:

Thanks,
Sean

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380724252558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380724252558.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 82

ChaosNein

easiest fix would be to clean off the rust a bit and just us some rattle-can flat black to cover it up. There are some areas that water like to sit and depending on your area/your water, it may do more damage then desired. Just add it to your preventive maintenance schedule.

easiest fix would be to clean off the rust a bit and just us some rattle-can flat black to cover it up. There are some areas that water like to sit and depending on your area/your water, it may do more damage then desired. Just add it to your preventive maintenance schedule.

I live in southern California, so im not sure where the water is coming from thats causing the rust. I can see it being a collector though and I will probably do as you said. Just kind of annoying that after 2 powdercoats, they are rusting again. Thank you for the help,

Sean

miguel250r

I live in southern California, so im not sure where the water is coming from thats causing the rust. I can see it being a collector though and I will probably do as you said. Just kind of annoying that after 2 powdercoats, they are rusting again. Thank you for the help,

Sean

The rust might be under the powder coat and bleeding through

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rust might be under the powder coat and bleeding through

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

What he said. There's no way you can get powder coating between where the two pieces of metal meet where there is no weld. Some of your rust is coming from there. I also see a bit of rust from part of the weld as well that's most likely from a pinhole or fold that the coating couldn't get to as well. No big deal really - as mentioned, just hit it up with some Rustolium and call it a day :yup:

Top Bottom