Axles is off

noroad

Ok im just about done with my lift but in the back its off by about 2 inches and all is good on the install, i was wondering if it will drop back into place(as in the body) when there is all the weight on the axle or is there a different answer.

Attachments

• d4-7.jpg
    d4-7.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 133

Webe

Never seen that happen before. Did you put the trail arms on correctly?:twocents::thinking:

FrankenJeeper

Ok im just about done with my lift but in the back its off by about 2 inches and all is good on the install, i was wondering if it will drop back into place(as in the body) when there is all the weight on the axle or is there a different answer.

Off 2 inches as in off center by 2 inches? How much did you lift? Looks to me like you might need a rear track bar bracket or rear adjustable track bar to re align your rear axle.

noroad

Off 2 inches as in off center by 2 inches? How much did you lift? Looks to me like you might need a rear track bar bracket or rear adjustable track bar to re align your rear axle.

It is pulled 2 inchs to the passanger side you can see the tire is out a little more and you can see the two shocks are at a different angle. was hoping that its just how its being held on the lift.

FrankenJeeper

It is pulled 2 inchs to the passanger side you can see the tire is out a little more and you can see the two shocks are at a different angle. was hoping that its just how its being held on the lift.

Some if it may be that since the jeep is suspended in air. Set the jeep down on its own weight and see if it centers, and if it is still off noticeably I would recommend a rear track bar bracket, I believe EVO MFG makes one that is reasonably priced.

noroad

Some if it may be that since the jeep is suspended in air. Set the jeep down on its own weight and see if it centers, and if it is still off noticeably I would recommend a rear track bar bracket, I believe EVO MFG makes one that is reasonably priced.

It came with a whole new relocation braket.

munstie

And once the weight is on the springs it should settle back to the passenger side.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

noroad

Cycle the suspension and see if it settles in.

You think that would have that much play none of them are bent or installed wronf they all bend in and have a clean top bushing look. worth a shot just suchs to take off so much to move the arms.

FrankenJeeper

It came with a whole new relocation braket.

Then I would try cycling the suspension ,as stated by munstie, and see what happens. What brand and size lift did you install by the way? Your rig looks pretty sweet from what I can see in the above pic.

noroad

And once the weight is on the springs it should settle back to the passenger side.

This is really what im hoping for the front will be done in the am and i will no better then i guess was just wondering if other have ever seen this.

munstie

You think that would have that much play none of them are bent or installed wronf they all bend in and have a clean top bushing look. worth a shot just suchs to take off so much to move the arms.

Get the Jeep off the lift and cycle the suspension to see if it settles in, with the Jeep still on the lift and the trackbar being hinged on the passenger side frame rail it is gonna pull the rear axle to the passenger side, hope that makes sense:screwy:

noroad

Get the Jeep off the lift and cycle the suspension to see if it settles in, with the Jeep still on the lift and the trackbar being hinged on the passenger side frame rail it is gonna pull the rear axle to the passenger side, hope that makes sense:screwy:

Ok so your thinking that sense the lift is wholding the jeep up by the frame and the trakebar is also on the frame that its pulling it when it is dopped? That was kinda what i was hoping.

munstie

Ok so your thinking that sense the lift is wholding the jeep up by the frame and the trakebar is also on the frame that its pulling it when it is dopped? That was kinda what i was hoping.

Yes it's because of the suspension being at full droop or near it. Mine to this day favors the passenger side by about 3/4" to an inch somewhere in that range.

noroad

Yes it's because of the suspension being at full droop or near it. Mine to this day favors the passenger side by about 3/4" to an inch somewhere in that range.

ok good to know, thanks ill drop her tomorrow and see what happends.

Jiffy05

If you have an adjustable track bar in the rear you can correct that. With the lift you are changing the geometry of the suspension and putting a higher angle on the track bar. I could be wrong and don't know if you have got it fixed because I didn't read all the responses but I hope that helps.

JKWrang

Ya you def should just let it settle like you were telling me. The install looks nice and clean!

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

noroad

Ya you def should just let it settle like you were telling me. The install looks nice and clean!

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Ya thats the plan and the pics dont do it justice lol so much better in person the fox shocks look sweet with gray coils.

Top Bottom