Colorado - 2013 Plan

Prime8

I am super duper interested! I'll drive out from Illinois for this. So you can pencil me onto your list! Willing to help and do any research necessary. Good to have one person be the leader who can delegate to us what needs to be done.

Prime8

I vote for "Post-Apocalypse Romp" and get some sweet zombie themed shirts made up for everyone, since this December is the end of the world and all... Haha. 5 days would be better for us, since we will have about a 20 hr drive just to get there, and time-off from work is limited. Maybe you should plan it for 7 days, planning on everyone to do the first 5, and then have a cut-out point where people can leave 2 days early... That way, anyone wanting 5 or 7 would be satisfied.

Zambi

I feel like I will finally have a rig built up by then. Put me down as a tentative yes. I know I'm not vocal on the forums but it is a drive from Ohio lol

Prime8

Zambi said:
I feel like I will finally have a rig built up by then. Put me down as a tentative yes. I know I'm not vocal on the forums but it is a drive from Ohio lol

We can caravan once you get to Illinois...

Mechengineer2

Since this is in the early stages and we would want someone to document this event, anyone willing to take on the photographer spot?

Happy to be the photographer and videographer if you wish.

FYI ... Eddie Oh and Mel Wade make these mega events look easy ... but they are a lot of work, planning, and stress. Hope you're up for it!

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
How does July 21-27 of 2013 sound? These date will insure that a couple of trails that we are looking at are open. We would probably meet in Dillon, CO to start on the afternoon of the 20th. That would allow for people traveling from far away to get there and rest up before heading out. Let me here your thoughts on this.

Last edited:

Mechengineer2

How does July 21-27 of 2013 sound? These date will insure that a couple of trails that we are looking at are open. We would probably meet in Dillon, CO to start on the afternoon of the 20th. That would allow for people traveling from far away to get there and rest up before heading out. Let me here your thoughts on this.

Wheeler Lake is REALLY pretty in late June. Usually there's still a little snow left and the waterfall into the lake is flowing. Incredible scenery.

2012 ... not so much. The mountains are so dry this year. But in past years June has been a great time for primo Colorado wheeling.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Wheeler Lake is REALLY pretty in late June. Usually there's still a little snow left and the waterfall into the lake is flowing. Incredible scenery.

2012 ... not so much. The mountains are so dry this year. But in past years June has been a great time for primo Colorado wheeling.

I'm thinking of Wheeler being the first trail. Meet in Dillon and end up in Leadville.

DA RUNT

We just might be able to actually make this one. Looking to move next June and it'll either be WA or CO. :clap2:

07rub

we might to try to make it, lol not sure how long my drive from ottawa ontario lol but we have time to get the rig ready and book the time off

alpa

We'll be in Colorado this upcoming July,August and September, so maybe we can do some pre run trails together?

Top Bottom