Big Bear Trip in July; Looking for Trail Suggestions

jelliott076

I'm putting together a trip for July 20-22 to Big Bear and am looking for any suggestions on good trail and campsites.
We're taking four vehicles so far:
My 2010 Rubi
Another Rubi I know little about
A 2010 F250 SuperDoodie
My '98 Toyota 4x4 that's so ugly it has dropped the property values in of the homes that he parks it near.

Crab Flats was mentioned... sounds contagious

jelliott076

I'm putting together a trip for July 20-22 to Big Bear and am looking for any suggestions on good trail and campsites.
We're taking four vehicles so far:
My 2010 Rubi
Another Rubi I know little about
A 2010 F250 SuperDoodie
My '98 Toyota 4x4 that's so ugly it has dropped the property values in of the homes that he parks it near.

Crab Flats was mentioned... sounds contagious

Failed to mention: this is of course an open invite. I will put out a meeting spot when I get the info from the group

mackey

Trails

I just did the Holcomb Creek and John Bull trails. Both were difficult and lots of fun. I would do them again in a heartbeat. It is recommend that the vehicles have 35's, lockers, skids and rock rails. I have a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon with a 4 inch Teraflex lift 37's mud terrains. I am thankful I had aftermarket skids :0) and I definitely used the rock rails. I stayed in a motel, so I don't have any info on campgrounds. Hope this helps

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hit up wildandwillin at jk-forum. He lives there and I'm sure would give you great advice!

jelliott076

mackey said:
I just did the Holcomb Creek and John Bull trails. Both were difficult and lots of fun. I would do them again in a heartbeat. It is recommend that the vehicles have 35's, lockers, skids and rock rails. I have a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon with a 4 inch Teraflex lift 37's mud terrains. I am thankful I had aftermarket skids :0) and I definitely used the rock rails. I stayed in a motel, so I don't have any info on campgrounds. Hope this helps

Thanks man! I'm running a 2010 same lift and 35s. I think they will do OK. We'll definitely check these out

SoCalDozer

I might be down to go, my jeep isnt heavily modified though only has the stiffer springs on it and 33x12.5's.

jelliott076

Sounds good. I just received an e-mail that the majority want to bump the dates up by a week. July 13th thru 15th.
Hope you're still good with the dates. Sorry, too may conflicting work schedules.

SoCalDozer

jelliott076 said:
Sounds good. I just received an e-mail that the majority want to bump the dates up by a week. July 13th thru 15th.
Hope you're still good with the dates. Sorry, too may conflicting work schedules.

Won't be making it for me, I'll be on a two week deployment til the 18th

SoCalDozer

jelliott076 said:
Annual Training, what unit? ..and no worries this won't be the last trip.

I'm in the navy, at HSL49. Going out for work ups on the boat then deploying for 6 months August 6th

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
crab flats or hanna flats are pretty central campsite areas. Lots of trails and they are all interconnected. Holcomb has most variety and you get to it quickly without driving long distances on fireroads. Gold Mtn is short and sweet, good view of Big bear lake. Get a good local map to avoid getting confused.

Top Bottom