kc light wiring help

brizon85

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can help me with an issue I have. I'm new to the electronics and wiring mods and was unsure of the compatibility of a toggle switch I have that is 20 amps and 12v. the switch is for some kc apollo pro lights. The issue I have is that the wiring harness has 3 wires for the kc switch (which I'm not using) a green (load) a white (supply) and the brown (ground). The toggle switch I bought has only 2 prongs on the back and does not have an led light. My question is : will this switch still work and is the green (load) wire not needed for my install? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380836262.937458.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380836281.183467.jpg

2k13jk

I know alot of people recommend running a realy but to make your wiring issue easy the black wire coming off the lights is a ground wire so ground those out to somewere metal on metal and the red the wires coming off the lights are power i usually run those 2 wires into 1 thick wire like 14 gauge. After i connect the 2 wires to 1 solid one ill run it to a 2 prong switch and then simply run a wire from the positive side of the battery to the other prong on the switch and i never have a problem with the lights. Also if its a 3 prong switch its the same way to wire but youll run a ground from a prong on the switch ground it out and the light will turn on inside the switch letting you know that your lights are on

WhiteDynamite

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can help me with an issue I have. I'm new to the electronics and wiring mods and was unsure of the compatibility of a toggle switch I have that is 20 amps and 12v. the switch is for some kc apollo pro lights. The issue I have is that the wiring harness has 3 wires for the kc switch (which I'm not using) a green (load) a white (supply) and the brown (ground). The toggle switch I bought has only 2 prongs on the back and does not have an led light. My question is : will this switch still work and is the green (load) wire not needed for my install? View attachment 51387
View attachment 51388

Of course your switch will work. If it only has two contacts on the switch you will not hook up a ground to it. Hook up green to one contact and white to the other.

Top Bottom