Another rubi axle lock problem

miguel250r

So today I'm trying to figure out why my rear locker isn't work here's what I got 1380905158506.jpg
wires arnt broke 1380905182970.jpg
Alighnment thing is in place
1380905220814.jpg
when I unplug this and plug it back in..
1380905255831.jpg
This small plate slides but still doesn't lock up the axle
Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The dogplate needs to fully engage. More than likely, the internal components of the locker are cracked and the wave spring that pushes them out is unable to do its job. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this other than to replace the locker.

miguel250r

The dogplate needs to fully engage. More than likely, the internal components of the locker are cracked and the wave spring that pushes them out is unable to do its job. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this other than to replace the locker.

Do they make aftermarket lockers for jeeps originally equipped with rubi lockers? are the rubi axles the same as the sports besides rubi lockers

TheDuff

Do they make aftermarket lockers for jeeps originally equipped with rubi lockers? are the rubi axles the same as the sports besides rubi lockers

There are aftermarket E lockers available

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

miguel250r

There are aftermarket E lockers available

I haven't looked on eBay or anything to see what used original ones go for is it worth buying a used factory one I bought this jeep with this locker not working I have no idea what previous owner did to break locker

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yes, you can get an ARB for your Rubi axles but up front, you can't have sleeves installed.

miguel250r

Yes, you can get an ARB for your Rubi axles but up front, you can't have sleeves installed.

Well my stock rubi front locker works its just the rear isn't working and I don't have sleeves anyways maybe I need to check into arb

TheDuff

I hope this isn't entirely true. I was against getting sleeves due to exactly this and was assured that this isn't the case with teraflex or nitro sleeves. If it does end up being a problem I'm gonna be pretty upset with the shop:(

Tcdawg

I hope this isn't entirely true. I was against getting sleeves due to exactly this and was assured that this isn't the case with teraflex or nitro sleeves. If it does end up being a problem I'm gonna be pretty upset with the shop:( Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app
OX makes a 30 and 32 spline locker for the Rubi 44. That will accept the stock or aftermarket chromo 30 and 32 spline axle shafts, which fit with the sleeves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom