odd sound coming from driver side dash/under hood

crookone10

Im hearing a sound coming from what seems like under the hood on the drivers side of my 2013 Rubicon but only when I'm driving above 65mph...I wish I could describe it but it's very odd sounding. .. could be something electrical but that wouldn't seem to make sense only happening at certain speeds. Everything is stock btw with 4k miles and been hearing this since I drove it off the dealers lot. .. any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Odd sound at 65 mph? Hmmm....might need a little more info. ;)

Thump, bump, hum, whirl....

Army_Vet

Banned
Im hearing a sound coming from what seems like under the hood on the drivers side of my 2013 Rubicon but only when I'm driving above 65mph...I wish I could describe it but it's very odd sounding. .. could be something electrical but that wouldn't seem to make sense only happening at certain speeds. Everything is stock btw with 4k miles and been hearing this since I drove it off the dealers lot. .. any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Electrical? you talking about what transformers sound like? I don't seem to recall what electricity sounds like... Need more info.

Can you take a video with your phone and post it?

rox-n-mud

I had a weird sound at higher speeds, very faint rattle/vibration. Ended up being the inner fender liner. Make sure all the plastic "Christmas tree" push in fasteners are pushed in tight, they're junk.

Sent from my eyephone while using my eyephone

crookone10

I had a weird sound at higher speeds, very faint rattle/vibration. Ended up being the inner fender liner. Make sure all the plastic "Christmas tree" push in fasteners are pushed in tight, they're junk.

That could be exactly what it is. .. almost a faint rattle or noise so faint that it almost sounds electrical but a loose fender liner could be it especially since it only occurs over 65mph

TheDuff

Dealer would probably just say its a jeep noise and turn the radio up:p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Explain better please

Only because you asked so nicely. ;)

Heat shields--shiny metal things at various places under your jeep. Like the fenders above they may rattle/vibrate. There should also be a metal heat shield above your exhuast crossover tube. Sometimes the tack weld breaks and causes it to rattle.

rox-n-mud

Only because you asked so nicely. ;)

Heat shields--shiny metal things at various places under your jeep. Like the fenders above they may rattle/vibrate. There should also be a metal heat shield above your exhuast crossover tube. Sometimes the tack weld breaks and causes it to rattle.

Gratuitous thanks

Top Bottom