Jk soft top?

Cpyrd

I just bought a 2014 jku sport with a hard top and am trying to decide if I want a factory type soft top or trek top ? Looking for any benefits to one or the other? Thanks.

Skid_Kid

I just bought a 2014 jku sport with a hard top and am trying to decide if I want a factory type soft top or trek top ? Looking for any benefits to one or the other? Thanks.

I got a brand new softop from a 2010 for my 2013 JKUR for $400 on craigslist. Just a thought.

suicideking

Bestop makes the OEM tops for Jeep, so there's not much difference unless you go for something like the Trek Top NX (slant back). The Super Top is pretty much the same as the factory top.

I ended up getting a used OEM '12 top and love it. It handles so much nicer without the hard top. Plus the factory top (and super top) are nice because you can put them down easily and don't have to take anything off. So if it starts raining, you have it with you vs. the hard top you have to leave at home or camp.

One thing to keep an eye on: the '13 and '14 tops have the option of the new material (forget the official name for it, black twill?) which is thicker, looks nicer, less noisy, etc. So if you're getting one new, definitely opt for the new material.

Check your classified for a used top, you'll save a lot of money. Most will be the older material though.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
JK OEM soft top works great. I don't really see a benefit in going with something else unless you want a different look. As folks have already mentioned, you can pick them up on CL or on the for sale thread right here on WAL for pretty cheap. I would go OEM and use the money I saved for other mods. I have run Bestop and pavement ends tops before, and I think the OEM soft top on my 13' is quieter than either. Just my :twocents:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm waiting for mine to take a shit. The factory soft top is very versatile. You can slide the top back for over cockpit, you can leave on and just take of the windows for a bikini top, or just take it down or off.

If you can get a used factory I'd go for it they are expensive brand new. Trek tops are nice I like the nx series.

Top Bottom