Fender Chop

JK's JK

Banned
Hi Guys,

So I'm thinking of chopping my fenders next weekend when my tires finally come in. So I've been looking around for some flat black door trim for the fender chop. I've gone over to Wal-Mart which carries door trim and I've come across this site with door trim as well.

Ex.
http://www.brandsport.com/prtk-39-401-05.html
http://www.brandsport.com/trmg-22l-05.html

I'm thinking I need 30 feet of door trim to complete the whole rap around. Have you guys used anything different? The two that I provided are different sizes so not sure if you guys have a preference on this.

I want my fenders to look like this.

DSC00873 copy.jpg

Thank you,

Jesse

Last edited:

RockyJk

I got mine at auto zone I think it had 20 feet bought 2 packets of it and had some left over...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually I think it came in 25 feet loops. I still have extra so 20 feet is probably close. But just buy whatever they have. It should be only one size.

JK's JK

Banned
So it sounds like whatever they had on the shelf is what you guys bought. Looks like I'll have to see what types they carry.

KenB1010

You can also leave off the door trim. 5 minutes per fender with a sander will clean that edge up. If you want that factory formed edge look after you sand them hit the edge quickly with a torch.

Millerj87

If your goin to do door trim make your life easier with the adhesive inside the trim

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

jesse3638

Hooked
I got mine from Pep-Boys and it was in a 25' roll. Comes with adhesive in it and left me with about 18-24" extra. It makes it a lot easier if you do it on a warm day as the sun will soften the trim and allow you to work with it easier.

JK's JK

Banned
I ended up cutting the fenders today instead of next weekend. I've got finish up work on the front passenger and compete work on the front driver but it's coming along.

DSC01410.JPG DSC01411.JPG DSC01412.JPG DSC01413.JPG DSC01414.JPG DSC01415.JPG DSC01416.JPG DSC01417.JPG DSC01418.JPG

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I ended up cutting the fenders today instead of next weekend. I've got finish up work on the front passenger and compete work on the front driver but it's coming along.

Looks great. Nice job. What size tire are you running

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Looking good! You could check an automotive paint supply place that might sell the door edge guard by the foot.

Top Bottom