The real story

Recently I read where some people believe the t-flex lift is God's gift and others believe they couldn't buy much worse. Are they worth the money for their longarm kit? Someone que the Overlander :D

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

TheDuff

Which one are u referring to? The one where they roll the jeep in the video?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you believe the haters, I anything I might have to say regarding TeraFlex shouldn't be listened to due to my friendship with EVO. But, if you are willing to hear what I have to say, I will back it up with proof.

Regarding their long arm kit, it will get the job done but, their brackets will still hang lower than the frame rails and I have seen them break off on more than one occasion. While some of the breaks may be caused by installer error, most of the ones I have seen were not. Here's a link to a recent break I saw:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...m-Bracket-Break&highlight=teraflex+long+break

And, if you contact the member highoctane, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to share his experience with you as well.

What I will say is that IF you plan on running coil overs, this is definitely not a kit that I would recommend as the joints will not be able to handle really big flex. I can't tell you how many blown out bushings I have personally replaced/repaired out on the trail because of this.

Which one are u referring to? The one where they roll the jeep in the video?

No, didn't see the video (gonna have to now), I caught a couple of snippets about weak bracketry and such. I've got a skyjacker shortarm and I'm looking to swap to a long, but yet something that is fully adjustable and without pawning my first born. Of course, T-Flex was one of the first to come to mind.

TheDuff

No, didn't see the video (gonna have to now), I caught a couple of snippets about weak bracketry and such. I've got a skyjacker shortarm and I'm looking to swap to a long, but yet something that is fully adjustable and without pawning my first born. Of course, T-Flex was one of the first to come to mind.

Well their "pre runner" kit was what I was referring to. Its not cheap and I believe I could build a better lift for less. If u want to know what I've been looking at after lots of research I would be more than happy to share.

Ridge,

When I did not have a lot of experience, not that I really do now but make up for it in knowledge read from the internet, I was looking at the TeraFlex suspension because it was the first thing that popped in google. Glad I did not pull the trigger then. I read some of the threads here from others and came to the conclusion to save my money, which is what I am going to do. Since I do not own a welder or know how to weld I am looking for a bolt on long arm kit. I have not found too many out there. Now what impresses me is when I see a suspension in action so I can see what it does and how it works. So I go into the dissertation to get to my point, I was reading build threads and came across one where the owner put on the EVO bolt on Long arm with the King Coilovers. I liked the way it looked and performed and I can do my build in stages. I know EVO equipment is field tested just look at what Mel has done in the Vegas to Reno Race and the last one with EVO TJ.

Just my :twocents:

Still Learning daily.

R/
Will

If you believe the haters, I anything I might have to say regarding TeraFlex shouldn't be listened to due to my friendship with EVO. But, if you are willing to hear what I have to say, I will back it up with proof.

Regarding their long arm kit, it will get the job done but, their brackets will still hang lower than the frame rails and I have seen them break off on more than one occasion. While some of the breaks may be caused by installer error, most of the ones I have seen were not. Here's a link to a recent break I saw:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...m-Bracket-Break&highlight=teraflex+long+break

And, if you contact the member highoctane, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to share his experience with you as well.

What I will say is that IF you plan on running coil overs, this is definitely not a kit that I would recommend as the joints will not be able to handle really big flex. I can't tell you how many blown out bushings I have personally replaced/repaired out on the trail because of this.

Coilovers are a future upgrade but not right away. Just looking for a product that is well made, and durable that isn't going to interfere with other things I have going on under my ride. But, like I said, must be fully adjustable.40's were close to the top of my list but are dropping lower and lower as the list of upgrades gets bigger just to be able to run them, already on thin ice running 37's on a D30.

pastorwug

I received a full set of TF long arms as part of a very sweet deal on some 37s on Method wheels. I bought the brackets and it's all waiting in my garage for an appointment with Mel at ORE.
NOW, maybe I would be better off selling all the (8) arms (I changed out all the bushings for new with TF rebuild kits) here or on Ebay and getting the longarms that ORE has because I am definitely going with the coilovers when I've sold my other children (kidding).
If the TF longarms are trouble with the coilovers then I'm in trouble and I don't need that when on the trail.

Opinions?

Anyone interested in the TF longarms and new brackets?

Sorry Lee if I highjacked your thread.

Last edited:
Ridge,

When I did not have a lot of experience, not that I really do now but make up for it in knowledge read from the internet, I was looking at the TeraFlex suspension because it was the first thing that popped in google. Glad I did not pull the trigger then. I read some of the threads here from others and came to the conclusion to save my money, which is what I am going to do. Since I do not own a welder or know how to weld I am looking for a bolt on long arm kit. I have not found too many out there. Now what impresses me is when I see a suspension in action so I can see what it does and how it works. So I go into the dissertation to get to my point, I was reading build threads and came across one where the owner put on the EVO bolt on Long arm with the King Coilovers. I liked the way it looked and performed and I can do my build in stages. I know EVO equipment is field tested just look at what Mel has done in the Vegas to Reno Race and the last one with EVO TJ.

Just my :twocents:

Still Learning daily.

R/
Will

I have a welder but I'm just learning how to use it, so right now my welds look like a big bird flew over and shit everywhere,lol. Bolt on sounds right up my alley though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I received a full set of TF long arms as part of a very sweet deal on some 37s on Method wheels. I bought the brackets and it's all waiting in my garage for an appointment with Mel at ORE.
NOW, maybe I would be better off selling all the (8) arms (I changed out all the bushings for new with TF rebuild kits) here or on Ebay and getting the longarms that ORE has because I am definitely going with the coilovers when I've sold my other children (kidding).
If the TF longarms are trouble with the coilovers then I'm in trouble and I don't need that when on the trail.

Opinions?

Anyone interested in the TF longarms and new brackets?

Sorry Lee if I highjacked your thread.

Well, if you have ORE do the install, they will make sure to install the brackets right and with additional support they feel is needed to keep them from tearing off the frame. As far as the joints go, I am sorry to say that if you do use what comes with the kit, you will blow them out with coil overs. I might talk to Mel and see if you can get a price to have them changed out with a set of Johnny Joints. With that setup, you should be good to go.

JK's JK

Banned
Recently I read where some people believe the t-flex lift is God's gift and others believe they couldn't buy much worse. Are they worth the money for their longarm kit? Someone que the Overlander :D

Oh man.:daydream:

pastorwug

Well, if you have ORE do the install, they will make sure to install the brackets right and with additional support they feel is needed to keep them from tearing off the frame. As far as the joints go, I am sorry to say that if you do use what comes with the kit, you will blow them out with coil overs. I might talk to Mel and see if you can get a price to have them changed out with a set of Johnny Joints. With that setup, you should be good to go.

Johnny joints will screw right into the TF arms?

Thanks for your help Eddie, I really do appreciate it.
I'll keep the brackets and the arms and hopefully there are Johnny Joints to fit the TF arms.

paul

Just looked at what EVO has to offer. Pricing looked fair, but didnt see what their "EVOLEVER" was all about or if I can park 40's with their house brand as I see they also sell other brands.

TheDuff

Just looked at what EVO has to offer. Pricing looked fair, but didnt see what their "EVOLEVER" was all about or if I can park 40's with their house brand as I see they also sell other brands.

Well, u can get a kit like the Double D long arm (basically a long arm version of the enforcer, with some extra parts) and later down the road throw on the bolt on coilovers or the double throw down. The long arm brackets are also a bolt on OR weld on design.

miguel250r

Ridg3runner have u checked into Rusty's long arm I haven't heard any bad things but really having heard anything I guess its one if those company's that get forgoten about

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ridg3runner have u checked into Rusty's long arm I haven't heard any bad things but really having heard anything I guess its one if those company's that get forgoten about

Nothing bad to say about Rusty as a company but I would not recommend any lift kit that utilizes radius arms. If you just drive hard and fast in the desert, they will work fine but, if you plan on flexing your Jeep, it's very design works against it. Sure, you can force radius arms to flex but, it'll come at the cost of blown out bushings.

miguel250r

Nothing bad to say about Rusty as a company but I would not recommend any lift kit that utilizes radius arms. If you just drive hard and fast in the desert, they will work fine but, if you plan on flexing your Jeep, it's very design works against it. Sure, you can force radius arms to flex but, it'll come at the cost of blown out bushings.

Maybe that's why we never hear of rusty's on here. I was considering there long arm way in the future but might have to reconsider

cuongdyna

image-604019577.jpg

I have teraflex long arm and I have talk to Eddie about it and he told me that the bushing well in time fail. Well I did one trail and the bushing fail.

I have evo coilovers. I'll be going to Johnny Joints for my next mod.

FrankenJeeper

Maybe that's why we never hear of rusty's on here. I was considering there long arm way in the future but might have to reconsider

Rustys off-road is just a few miles from where I live, and I have had the opportunity to visit with them several times.

I'm not a huge fan of radius arms for a couple reasons, but I will vouch for Rustys due to seeing their manufacturing facility, what products of theirs I've seen seems to be very solid. They make majority of their parts in house, with the exception of a few parts, but the last time I spoke with them, they were expanding and looking for more equipment to begin manufacturing all products in house.

I understand their has been quality issues in the past with Rustys Off-road, and again, I'm not a fan of radius arms, but I will vouch for their quality on parts made in house.

Hope this has helped.

Jonathon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 51600

I have teraflex long arm and I have talk to Eddie about it and he told me that the bushing well in time fail. Well I did one trail and the bushing fail.

I have evo coilovers. I'll be going to Johnny Joints for my next mod.

I know the haters love to accuse me of having some kind of agenda against TeraFlex or that I talk smack about their product because of the friends in this industry that I have but like I said before, I simply cannot make this stuff up.

Top Bottom