Rubicon Express BB Q's

JKWrang

Hey folks.

As most of you know, getting into a Jeep and the Wayalife has more options and variables than anything else.. Hell, there are as many options for Jeep toddler/infant accessories as there are mods for my JKU :cheesy:

So I've given up on the TF BB and will be looking closely at the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift instead.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_6011_07.htm <--------------- This one.

And I pick this one because I don't want to use the shocks they supply and want to know which shocks I should get instead. I was thinking these ones:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16016_3003.htm <---------------Thoughts?

I think I remember Eddie saying Monotube shocks are good stuff and I believe that's what comes stock on a Rubi... so that will be a step up from my JKUs. Also, I am trying to clear 35's WITHOUT having to replace my Driveshaft. I believe this lift will allow me to pick either 33s or 35s and do some minor wheeling without rub and without much more modding or any trimming.

Most guys I have read running lifts with 35s are running more expensive lifts at 3" + but you guys are also doing more "hardcore" crawling.

Will my stock driveshaft be acceptable with this lift running Rausch Creek?

Do I have the right approach to this or what am I missing?

Also... I have a long time to do research and work at this before I finally pull the trigger, which is WHY I am seeking the advice here... best to measure twice and cut once, so to speak.

Thanks, guys!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would say that you should look at a rock krawler lift instead of the rubicon express one. Heard bad things about the RE lift sagging in very little time. Also I would stay away from the skyjacker shocks as they tend to run stiff. Had them on my last lift and it was really rough compared to my teraflex lift with the Bilstein 5100's.

As far as Rausch is concerned with your driveshaft, as long as it's under 3" you don't need to replace your driveshaft and for the trails you will being doing it will hold up great. I haven't replaced mine yet and been up plenty of times

Sent from my iPhone

Tackerdown

Banned
Hey folks.

As most of you know, getting into a Jeep and the Wayalife has more options and variables than anything else.. Hell, there are as many options for Jeep toddler/infant accessories as there are mods for my JKU :cheesy:

So I've given up on the TF BB and will be looking closely at the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift instead.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_6011_07.htm <--------------- This one.

And I pick this one because I don't want to use the shocks they supply and want to know which shocks I should get instead. I was thinking these ones:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16016_3003.htm <---------------Thoughts?

I think I remember Eddie saying Monotube shocks are good stuff and I believe that's what comes stock on a Rubi... so that will be a step up from my JKUs. Also, I am trying to clear 35's WITHOUT having to replace my Driveshaft. I believe this lift will allow me to pick either 33s or 35s and do some minor wheeling without rub and without much more modding or any trimming.

Most guys I have read running lifts with 35s are running more expensive lifts at 3" + but you guys are also doing more "hardcore" crawling.

Will my stock driveshaft be acceptable with this lift running Rausch Creek?

Do I have the right approach to this or what am I missing?

Also... I have a long time to do research and work at this before I finally pull the trigger, which is WHY I am seeking the advice here... best to measure twice and cut once, so to speak.

Thanks, guys!

I'll try to help out a little here first I have a 2011 that doesn't have some of the same issues as a 14 and mine is an auto not man. So applications vary. That said the things I would research are will your spring yeald more than the 2.5" they spec for ,even though it stated you don't need to change the drive shaft , this may put you in a position that you need to add more options to the lift. Secondly I would look at the shocks that you picked because the 3.5 max may alow to much droop which could cause issues with the drive shaft rubbing. I know that really didn't help but I though it may be something to think about. I know I read a shit load on here before I got my lift. Its all here if you can find it.

Tom now Free

JKWrang

Thanks. Yea ive been reading a ton on here and there are just sooooo many options. Ill keep looking.

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

noroad

Thanks. Yea ive been reading a ton on here and there are just sooooo many options. Ill keep looking.

Even read off the form and see reviews, type the lift into google and read the reviews. The best think you can do is see what you top $$$$ you want to throw out then work around that to get good parts(always call to order most times you get a deal on something or at least free shipping). It is pretty money saving to look for deals, i saved enough money on my lift and shocks to buy the drive shafts and still got the good level ones i wanted. Like i said anytime you want to take my rig for a spin to see how the coils and shocks are just tell me when :rock:.

JKWrang

I would say that you should look at a rock krawler lift instead of the rubicon express one. Heard bad things about the RE lift sagging in very little time. Also I would stay away from the skyjacker shocks as they tend to run stiff. Had them on my last lift and it was really rough compared to my teraflex lift with the Bilstein 5100's.

As far as Rausch is concerned with your driveshaft, as long as it's under 3" you don't need to replace your driveshaft and for the trails you will being doing it will hold up great. I haven't replaced mine yet and been up plenty of times

Sent from my iPhone

I think I remember Eddie saying that the RK Max travel uses shocks that have enough droop to cause droveshaft rub... so would I solve that with shorter shocks? ?

Am I looking at bilstein 5100s or shocks with a 2" lift max? I'm confused on this part I guess

noroad

He is saying that if you are off roading with a 2.5 BB and the shocks are made for 2-3.5" of lift when you disconect you will be dropping you axles more then the lift is made for, which in case would rub your driveshafts if there is not room (aka might hit some pipes).

JKWrang

Thanks man. I know I don't wanna go over 2.5" for now. Just gotta find the right lift for my needs. Annnnd the search continues!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks man. I know I don't wanna go over 2.5" for now. Just gotta find the right lift for my needs. Annnnd the search continues!

You can even just go with a 2.5" BB (coil spacer lift) and get the Bilsteins on the side.

This will give you the lift you desire and a great pair of shocks till it doesn't satisfy your needs and you need/want a full coil lift

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom