Properly aiming driving lights mounted on windshield

tonywjk

Am installing driving lights on my windshield. I see the directions for proper aiming if bumper mounted, can anyone tell me where they need to "hit" with headlights on. Right above the headlight line/mark?

Appreciate any guidance, thanks

pvanweelden

Usually one refers to driving lights, as lights used in addition to your headlights while driving on public roads. Is this what you are refering to? Or do you mean offroad lights, to only be used offroad?
I don't think you would make any friends using driving lights at the windshield height

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

Usually one refers to driving lights, as lights used in addition to your headlights while driving on public roads. Is this what you are refering to? Or do you mean offroad lights, to only be used offroad?
I don't think you would make any friends using driving lights at the windshield height

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree it is illegal in most states to have lights on that are mounted above ur headlights so u will must certainly get a ticket if u drive with windshield lights on during on road driving

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can't run them in Jersey. I think here in pa they are supposed to be disconnected even. But for offroad id point them so they light the trail in the best way possible

Tom now Free

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I'm pretty sure you can't run them in Jersey. I think here in pa they are supposed to be disconnected even. But for offroad id point them so they light the trail in the best way possible

Tom now Free

We just need covers which I have on 99% of the time, actually never really used my set yet other than when I first put them on to aim them.

I do aim them for best trail/back road use tho so I have my set aimed outwards to light up the sides of the road/trail.

Tackerdown

Banned
We just need covers which I have on 99% of the time, actually never really used my set yet other than when I first put them on to aim them.

I do aim them for best trail/back road use tho so I have my set aimed outwards to light up the sides of the road/trail.

Good to know. Someone was telling me they had to be disconnected and I thought it sounded a little stupid.

Tom now Free

Lagavulin

I agree it is illegal in most states to have lights on that are mounted above ur headlights so u will must certainly get a ticket if u drive with windshield lights on during on road driving

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Haha. Awesome signature

Tackerdown

Banned
Yeah i usually re-read the inspection laws and stuff like that every couple of months just to keep tabs on it all.

I should do that. The cops in in the town over has a hard on for jeeps. Well just one of them. I usually just ask my neighbor when I think about it. I believe my bumper is also to high with the 2.5" lift but never heard anyone get busted for that.

Tom now Free

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Definitely illegal to run windshield lights in NJ (and NY, PA, CT, MA, MD, NH, VT, etc.) If there is a MONSTER blizzard out, cops probably wont bother you for it, but for casual driving? Definitely. Having said that, aiming them is a personal choice. Mine are aimed a few degrees outward to illuminate the sides a bit better (my headlights are fantastic) and a tiny bit upwards. It depends on the terrain as well. If you have a lot of steeper climbs, you may want to aim them lower. For jersey, I'd just point em straight ahead and call it a day.

Top Bottom