CB Radio Midland 75-822

JethroJK

So I am stuck in an apartment with no garage and decided the best plan is install the CB I have been procrastinating to do. I have seen many online reviews about various CBs but size is really a factor for me. I personally do not want a HUGE :eek:mg: CB mounted permanently on say the dash and the 2012 center console seem (based on pictures) small than previous years.

So I found this Midland 75-822 which seems to get good reviews and appears to be a good CB for out on the trail. So please let me know if you own it or know of any issues with it. Looking for good and bad.

Also I have a fire stik a friend gave me and want to hook that up as well, but a am a "CB rookie" and don't know :thinking: if that would be compatible with this CB, doing my research but if you bet me to it, thanks. :rock:

miguel250r

U can get good performance out of a small cb u just need to get a swr meter and try to get Ur swrs as low as possible by adjusting antenna and getting a 18' good quality coax if it will reach like fire flex also helps out a lot they say 18' is perfect lenght for ur swr waves as well as making sure Ur antenna mount is grounded

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

JethroJK

U can get good performance out of a small cb u just need to get a swr meter and try to get Ur swrs as low as possible by adjusting antenna and getting a 18' good quality coax if it will reach like fire flex also helps out a lot they say 18' is perfect lenght for ur swr waves as well as making sure Ur antenna mount is grounded

I priced the 18' cable with nut assembly for the stik and it is around 18. SWR meter around 10. Problem is I can turn a wrench all day long, but introduce me to electrical stuff and I am lost. But doesn't seem that hard. Thanks for the info

JKWrang

Isnt this the all in one unit with cig lighter? I have that one and am installing very soon. I will let you know how it all works.

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

miguel250r

I priced the 18' cable with nut assembly for the stik and it is around 18. SWR meter around 10. Problem is I can turn a wrench all day long, but introduce me to electrical stuff and I am lost. But doesn't seem that hard. Thanks for the info

If u have a 4 door 18' will be to short u might have to sacrifice performance for something more practical

Atch

I have this cb with a firestik. I haven't had any issues with it. I love the fact that I can store it in the center console when not in use. I haven't had any complaints from others about clarity either, I did use an swr meter to tune the firestik.

JethroJK

I have this cb with a firestik. I haven't had any issues with it. I love the fact that I can store it in the center console when not in use. I haven't had any complaints from others about clarity either, I did use an swr meter to tune the firestik.

Good to hear. Is it on a 4 door? How long was your cable?

Atch

Good to hear. Is it on a 4 door? How long was your cable?

Yeah, I installed it on my 4dr. Sorry I installed it a while ago and can't remember the length I bought. I have quite a bit of excess cable coiled under the carpet without issue.

miguel250r

18' is too short? Wow! So what does everyone use. First I have heard that.

I think ppl with a 4 door use 24' but not positive Cuz I have a 2 door 18' worked for me it also depends where u put it I had mine above rear view mirror

metaldemon

I have one that I have used on the trail. I haven't mounted an antenna yet. I have just used the portable antenna it came with. I have a Firestik to mount, but since I use it only on the trail I am wondering if I will ever mount it. It works just fine for what I use it for.

JethroJK

Yeah, I installed it on my 4dr. Sorry I installed it a while ago and can't remember the length I bought. I have quite a bit of excess cable coiled under the carpet without issue.

Gotcha. Not sure where I am putting it. Would like it in center console.

miguel250r

I will have to read later. I just can't imagine 18 would be too short for my JKUR. From center console to rear. I need to do some measurements.

From the center console 18' might work Cuz I did mine above rear view mirror

Brian.243

I have a 4 door and I used a 18 foot coax and it runs from near the glove box out the rear tail light and I had plenty left over. I use the same hand held midland and it works great for me.

JethroJK

I have a 4 door and I used a 18 foot coax and it runs from near the glove box out the rear tail light and I had plenty left over. I use the same hand held midland and it works great for me.

That is good to hear that you have the same midland. I have read if you use a firestik with it the range is more than enough for trail rides. Did the radio come with the mobile adapter to plug into the cigarette lighter? :thinking:

Brian.243

Yea I got it from amazon it had the adapter to plug into the cigar lighter and two battery packs I think it was less than 80 bucks. Without an external antenna and using the little 6 in antenna the radio is good for maybe 300 ft.

Top Bottom