sway bar link length?

desertrunner

this is a picture i got of my rig in chinamans gulch last weekend and it looks like my sway bar and sway bar link are parallel. Is this a bad thing? and should i lengthen my sway bar links?

1377480_4788416647531_1725503803_n.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a problem so long as they don't over extend and get tacoed on the tie-rod. If you think there is a chance of this happening, lengthen your links a bit.

desertrunner

this is the most flex i have gotten out of my rig and it hasnt been a problem ever just something i noticed from the picture. If i do lengthen them how far should i go? 1/2"?

desertrunner

i might take this time to fix the little bit of passenger side lean as well so maybe 1/2" on driver side and 3/4" on passenger?

JKbrick

I would think if they are within specs sitting on the ground flat would be what you want then disconnect them to flex, but I'm no expert

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ideally, you want your swaybar arms to be positioned at about 5° higher than horizontal at ride height. If at a full droop you are hyperextending your links, you need to set them higher. If you aren't doing this already even when hanging a tire, I would think you are okay.

desertrunner

Ideally, you want your swaybar arms to be positioned at about 5° higher than horizontal at ride height. If at a full droop you are hyperextending your links, you need to set them higher. If you aren't doing this already even when hanging a tire, I would think you are okay.

cool thank you for the help i might extend them just a little so they don't hyper-extend just in case like i said it hasnt been an issue but as do harder and harder trails i dont want it to become an issue

Top Bottom