PSC bumper and sliders install

CaliCrusher

I picked up a couple of items yesterday at the Off-Road Expo in Pomona, the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumper and Brawler Rockers. The rockers are being shipped this week, the bumper I brought home from the show. I wanted to know if you Wayalifers know of anyone in Northern Los Angeles that can install something like that. I don't think it's too difficult, but it does require more tools than a screwdriver and a butter knife, which is basically my tool set. Any help would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Do yourself a favor and buy the tools you need to install this yourself. Trust me, it'll be easier than you think and you'll also have new tools to add along side of your screwdriver and butter knife :D

Here's a write-up that might be able to help you out. At least, it'll help you get the gist of what you need to remove your factory bumper and the install of your new bumper should be about the same.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...orty-front-winch-bumper-installation-write-up

desertrunner

I picked up a couple of items yesterday at the Off-Road Expo in Pomona, the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumper and Brawler Rockers. The rockers are being shipped this week, the bumper I brought home from the show. I wanted to know if you Wayalifers know of anyone in Northern Los Angeles that can install something like that. I don't think it's too difficult, but it does require more tools than a screwdriver and a butter knife, which is basically my tool set. Any help would be appreciated.

I have that same front bumper and it took my and my dad little time to slap it on it was really easy. the most annoying part of it was popping those stupid plastic clips off to get the stock one off. other than that its just removing the old and putting on the new. as long as you know your way around a socket set you'll be good to go

CaliCrusher

Thanks guys, my building doesn't allow working on vehicles so I would have to figure out how to do it remotely. But I might be able to. The sliders seem a bit more challenging.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

The bumper is super easy to install. The worst part for me was popping the clips off the crash bar from the airdam. You will need the socket extensions that is recommends so keep that in mind. It's probably $50 bucks in tools that your going to needs again so go for it! :) I used a cordless dewalt impact, impact sockets and extensions but you can do it with the sockets they suggest. You will need deep sockets though because of the bolts. Take your time painting it and make sure you get the finish you want. The install part is easy compared to the painting.

also a tip on the bumper, get yourself a piece of hard plastic the wrap it in reflective tape. White or red, and put that behind the spyder logo cutout on the bumper it makes it pop.

CaliCrusher

also a tip on the bumper, get yourself a piece of hard plastic the wrap it in reflective tape. White or red, and put that behind the spyder logo cutout on the bumper it makes it pop.

:thumbup::beer:

Devallee

Installing he sliders aren't too bad, just a little tedious. I did it myself with just a little help from my dad to hold the sliders up while I bolted em in. As long as you take your time you'll be fine. A little patience goes a long way. Also I highly recommend buying a nutsert tool. The supplied one is a real PIA to use. Other than that it just takes a drill and some free time :thumb:

rtguy1

Bring it over. Ill help yah out. I'm in porter ranch:beer: oh yeah and bring some beer. And milk duds

You bought the black powder coated one? Damn I wanted that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

CaliCrusher

You bought the black powder coated one? Damn I wanted that!

They had two more when I left on Sunday. A guy ordered three of them, sent them back because he didn't want the LED mounts that were accidentally welded on the bat. I kinda like them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Bring it over. Ill help yah out. I'm in porter ranch:beer: oh yeah and bring some beer. And milk duds
Thanks a bunch. I actually found someone to help me, really close by. I'm down for the beers though! ...not so much with the milk duds

CaliCrusher

Well got everything installed and it turned out great. Big thanks to George at Noma Fab for his good work.

Attachments

• 1381722014065.jpg
    1381722014065.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom