Rear Bumper

JKRandall

I know it's a matter of time before I mess up my tailgate so now I am looking at getting a rear bumper with tire carrier attached to it. Running 35's right now. I was thinking about going with the Teraflex one but after reading a post on Wayalife Eddie convinced me that It would be a 700.00 waste. I have looked mainly at Ace, LoD, Expedition and a few others but not decided yet which one to go with. Just looking for the best bang for the buck. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of the bumper tire carriers you have listed, I would highly recommend the LoD or Expedition One. Being that you are just running 35's, you should be fine carrying your spare on your tailgate until you can save up enough for one.

JKRandall

Thanks for the fast reply. Of all the ones l read about those are the main 2 l have been been considering. If I remember right, I believe you had the LoD on one of your Jeeps but l could be wrong. Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Salty1

Long as your in the research stage the Warn Elite series might be worth a look

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spartan

Poison Spider makes a nice one that is 1 handed opening similar to the Teraflex. The big difference is that the one handed Poison Spider one is a full bumper and swing out not just a tire carrier.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Best bang depends on what you're looking to have as your end result. I went LōD shorty with a linked carrier. Definitely not an inexpensive choice. I liked the one handed opening, it still opens all the way and I can carry rotopax, hi-lift, CB antenna and has provisions for lights in the rear.

If you want just a tire carrier AEV makes a carrier that mounts to the frame and you can run bumperless (JK Jody) has this setup. You can use the EVO rear D ring mounts with this combo.

Guess what I'm saying is look around, see what you want and get something that fits your needs. May require saving up $$$ for a while, otherwise you'll wind up buying twice.

JKRandall

Thanks everyone for your suggestions l very much appreciate it. It's a tough choice considering the $$ involved and what options are available for each bumper. Overall l still favor the LoD and Expedition with there reputations and what will work for me the best. Will let you know what l decided on. Again, thanks everyone for your help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I have run the LoD and it's what I would recommend over the Expedition One if only because they are available with a ton of optional features and, it has proven itself to me time and time again.

Top Bottom