Disc brake question

Hawaii 5-0

I'm getting ready to change out the pads and rotors on my 09 JKUR. After reading the write up here, I'm fairly confident I can do this. I'm also having a mechanically inclined friend supervise.

My friend suggested that I will need to open up the bleeder screws when I compress the caliper pistons, in order to prevent damaging the ABS. I haven't seen this mentioned in any write ups.

Any suggestions?

JK12

If you have a c clamp it's pretty easy to press it in no need for the bleeder screw

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My friend suggested that I will need to open up the bleeder screws when I compress the caliper pistons, in order to prevent damaging the ABS. I haven't seen this mentioned in any write ups.

Well, if you are referring to my write-up, it's not mentioned because I haven't seen it to be a problem :idontknow:

QRS

I did mines last Sunday following Eddie's write up, as JK12 mentioned just get yourself a C clamp and you should be good to go.
It's pretty easy, I bet your friend will be drinking some beers instead of supervising :beer:
I know I would

Bonehead

When you push the pistons back in the fluid will be pushed back into the master cylinder, so you might want to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't over flow.....especially if you have added fluid to it, if you haven't you will be good to go:thumb:

Just thought I would add that to keep you from making a potentially icky paint eating mess LOL ;)

And has been said above there is no reason to mess with the bleeders , that would just add a whole LOT of work to the situation :O

Last edited:
Top Bottom