Tj control arms extension

LittleD-Tj

Had anyone took factory control arms and cut them in half and extended them and welded back up? Wanna try this till I can afford a full set of adjustable. Think I've heard just extend them 1" for me 4" lift.

wilkinsglock5

Control arm extensions

It would be better to get the measurements of how long you want them and purchase some nice DOM tubing with a good wall thickness, tap in some threads and buy some jonny joints from currie. I plan on doing this and saving some money, plus it's custom double adjustable control arms. :thumb:

LittleD-Tj

By the time u do all that u could've bought a set. From what I've heard. I already built a set of lowers and set to be just fine. Mines not a daily driver though so not looking for perfect ride either.

ltdanlj

the stock TJ control arms are just stamped steel... I bend them by just looking at them funny!!! Save your time and money, just buy a good set of aftermarket arms... :rock:

David1tontj

The plus side to making your own out of DOM is that you can bend them for higher clearance.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

LittleD-Tj

I know stock aren't that great but the way we made them u can't tear them up. Lol. Little over kill rebuilding stock ones but was a cheap way.

Top Bottom