Disassembly of krawler joint

Diver_matt

Any tips for rebuilding a krawler joint? The side nuts are ridiculously tight, set screw removed. The joint itself is crazy tight on the control arms, too (on some). My RK tie rod has a place to use a wrench to hold it while removing the TRE but the control arms don't. Short of taking it to a welder in stuck. Any tips for getting them off a control arm AND getting the joint apart? They were sprayed with liquid wrench a couple times last couple days. Thanks, in advance.

Pushrod

The control arm joints are torqued to 200 ft lbs so you will likely have to put the arm in a vice and use a cheater bar on the wrench to break the joint loose. I would get a good measurement on the length of the arm before taking the end off so your castor will be right when putting it back together. Be sure to torque the arms when you are done to 200 ft lbs.

Diver_matt

These are the older design. There is no way to torque to 200 lbs. the nuts on them are way to thin and worn to lock them down. I did get them as tight as they were when I got them (used). All new races in them now and will put them on once my track bar comes in.

Top Bottom