Rubicon Sway Link Size Help

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, I need some help picking out the proper length sway links. I'll be taking delivery of my new 2014 Rubi Unlimited soon, and will be doing a 2.5" lift. I was looking to buy the Evo front sway links, and just wanted to know what is the proper size that I should order? Northridge has like 8 different lengths and Im not sure which ones I need. Thanks very much for the help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2"-3" longer than stock will get the job done. If they are a bit on the tall side, it's no big deal. You just don't want them to be on the short side.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
2"-3" longer than stock will get the job done. If they are a bit on the tall side, it's no big deal. You just don't want them to be on the short side.

Thank you sir. Just a question, am I correct in assuming I measure eye to eye not end to end?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
FWIW, I just ordered the 12.5-13.9" ones and they are plenty big and I have a lot if extra. I have 4.5" of lift in the front as well.

TooTall

If I were to get the Evo links and put them on a rubicon would the electonic disco be sufficient or would I need to disconnect the links as well?

ttfhell

If I were to get the Evo links and put them on a rubicon would the electonic disco be sufficient or would I need to disconnect the links as well?

Edisco only. It basically does the same thing as manually removing them.

TooTall

Edisco only. It basically does the same thing as manually removing them.

That was my understanding as well. The reason I ask is for the lift we're looking at, RK 2.5 max travel, the instructions say that even with the rubicon edisco they recommend disconnection the links as well so they don't flip and get crushed on the track bar.

ttfhell

That was my understanding as well. The reason I ask is for the lift we're looking at, RK 2.5 max travel, the instructions say that even with the rubicon edisco they recommend disconnection the links as well so they don't flip and get crushed on the track bar.

That would normally mean the links are too short...Do they supply longer links with their kit? If not that would make sense, if they do it wipes out one of the best parts of having a Rubicon.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
When installing new links, how do you install them correctly? Is there a way the sway bar (rubicon) is supposed to sit at rest that I can use as a guide?

TooTall

That would normally mean the links are too short...Do they supply longer links with their kit? If not that would make sense, if they do it wipes out one of the best parts of having a Rubicon.

Doesn't say. I would assume so. Guess this is where we call the manufacturer! Thanks for your help.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When installing new links, how do you install them correctly? Is there a way the sway bar (rubicon) is supposed to sit at rest that I can use as a guide?

They should be five degrees above parallel. Or y'all enough so that you don't taco them when disco'd.

Top Bottom