All around best A/T tire???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough one as there are a lot of really good AT's out there and, they do really well off road too. BFG AT has been around for a long time and they do really well but, if you're okay with a street looking tire, the Falken Wildpeak AT will not only serve you well but, because of it having less rolling resistance, it will also give you better MPG. I have run both tires and of the two, I would recommend the Falken's. Having said that, Toyo has a new AT that is very aggressive in design and comes with a 65,000 warranty. You simply cannot beat that and I have yet to run a Toyo that I haven't loved.

eeftw

Isnt the duratrac considered one of the best at's?

Sent from my phone?

I have duratracs on my pile and I think they are great. Do extremely well on wet roads, but I don't have any experiece with ice/snow because of where I live. They do great off-road also. Pretty aggressive looking also.

Bonehead

I love the BFG ATs that I have on my Liberty, they are great in the snow but not so good in mud (imagine that LOL) . They are a good all around tire in the rain and dry.
I am on my second set of them, the first set I got about 108,000 miles out of them mostly highway miles but that was with regular rotations, like every 20,000 - 25,000 miles:D
I have around 30,000 on the set I have on it now and they need rotated because they are starting to get a bit loud.

rovingshoe

DuraTrac's awesome in snow/ice/rain in New England

I have been running Goodyear DuraTrac 315/70r17 on my JKU for about 1 year now. I live on the Massachusetts North Shore, so have plenty of experience with them on snow/ice and rain, especially last year. I think they are pretty awesome in those conditions. They are not excessively load on the highway either. Happy so far. I just wish they made a 37" version. :grayno:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I was running Duratracs on my current JKU (33x12.50s) and will be running them again on the new one (315/75/16). I have 20K of experience with them, in every single possible element...dirt, sand, mud, rock, ice, snow, rain, and dry. They have been nothing but stellar. Sure, they are not as tough as something like a Nitto Mud Grappler (sidewall wise) but they aren't meant to be. They are also some of the lightest tires as well. I wouldn't hesitate to run them. They are also very quiet (for the type of tread they have) and wear VERY well. They also look great, balance weel, and are priced right. Get em at Discount Tire.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I ran a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers on a 2005 H3 that I had (305/55/R20)........excellent ride.....they lasted me 72,000 miles rotating very 3-5k miles best set of the longest lasting AT's I ever had......I bought another set to replace them from Tirebuyer about a week before a 17 y/o kid blew a stop sign and I t-bone the side of his Dodge Ram 2500 extended Cab......totaled the H3......Still have a 5x set of them in my garage literally brand new with less than 100 miles on them if anyone's interested.

Woody

JKU EXTREME

My friend has put at least 30,000 on his Falken Wildpeaks, and they still look like new as far as I know he has yet to get stuck, but then again we don't have anything remotely extremely where I live

Tigrcky

I run the duratracs on my 2500 chevy, they are snow rated and do very well! havent needed to chain up like i have with other tires, and where i am we got a LOT of snow and we get dang cold ( as low as -40 ) during the summer on the highway they do great! and i didnt notice much of a fuel mileage dip from the old highway style that were on the truck when i got it. If goodyear would make them in a 40" tire i would def buy them for a future build!!! :twocents:

GCM 2

I also vote for the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I have run them on two Ford F350 Super Dutys and two different Land Rovers. If they made them in 40" sizes I would run them on my JK for around town use.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I also vote for the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I have run them on two Ford F350 Super Dutys and two different Land Rovers. If they made them in 40" sizes I would run them on my JK for around town use.

I agree with some of this. The part I agree with is they are good. But none of the rest because I haven't had an f350 or land rovers and can't run 40's.

JKWrang

What a loaded question. haha.

I've run the Duratracs for a while now and I love them. Like the guy from Andover said, they take all the elements and keep on rolling. I've never had a problem and the only reason I would switch to Mud Grapplers is ego based because for New England performance I would argue that the Duratracs are hands down unbeatable and boy do they look mean.

But like I said, this is a loaded question: Everyone who loves their tire says it's the best. The upside is you will get first hand reviews from plenty of tires in plenty of climates so take your pick. And while s2000 says the sidewalls arent as hot compared to the Nitto Mudders, and he is right, I'll be the first to tell you that the sidewalls on the Wrangler Duratracs DO take a beating. I've seen a few curbshots that would have ended the life of a cheap Firestone immediately sustained by the Duratrac and they barely show wear. So especially as a daily driver, i'd recommend those.

:twocents:

ssh6314

I run Toyo A/T II's. Agressive. Awesome in all conditions. And like Eddie said. 65k warrienty. Ive ran Toyo MT and ATs on all my jeeps and wouldn't switch

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

I would recommend staying away from falken rocky mountains ran them on my full size and hated them traction in my opinion was terrible.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Zstairlessone

I ran the BFG ATs in a 32" tire on my 4x4 Ranger when I lived in the mountains of Colorado, worked great in the snow (and we had tons) and the little rain I saw. Went to these after a set of Goodyears that were really quiet, but not very effective off road or in snow but good in the rain. Preferred the BFGs.

mrmike

I run Toyo A/T II's. Agressive. Awesome in all conditions. And like Eddie said. 65k warrienty. Ive ran Toyo MT and ATs on all my jeeps and wouldn't switch Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do the Toyo A/T IIs have radial pull like the M/Ts?

Top Bottom