KOH spec trail grapplers

sfrubicon

quick question, ive searched the interweb for a while and cant find the how much one of these tires weighs. Again im talking about the 40 inch K specs. if anyone knows it would be great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I've looked too and can't seem to find specs on it anywhere. Maybe Discount Tire will chime in with an answer :yup:

BTW, any reason why you need to know it's weight or just curious?

bl17z90

Curious, is there a normal 40 inch trail grappler or are all 49 inch tg's going to be the k spec ones?

Sent from my phone?

JK12

The new 40" is the only version. It is k spec.

Hmm discount told me there were two 40" trail grappler and the k spec was a just a different rubber compound and that the k spec wasn't available to general public

Last edited:

Chairokey

Hmm discount told me there were two 40" trail grappler and the k spec was a just a different rubber compound and that the k spec wasn't available to general public

When were you told this? The k spec has been available for a few months now

sfrubicon

And just curious, wanted to see weight to compare. Plus a friend and I were talking about it yesterday and it's like when you can't remember something you should, then you have to know

sfrubicon

Well that kinda kills a lot of hype of the tire if it isn't dot approved, I thought that was the big appeal of it

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Well that kinda kills a lot of hype of the tire if it isn't dot approved, I thought that was the big appeal of it

I am pretty sure that the new 40" Nitto Trail Grappler is DOT approved. Here is a pic of one of Moby's new tires showing as much:

attachment.php

I am pretty sure that the only difference between the K-spec 40 and the DOT 40 is the rubber compound. The K-spec is a softer compound meant for racing.

One other difference between the new 40" Trail Grappler and the other 37" and smaller trail grappler is the side lugs. The new 40 has bigger blocks as you can see here:

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a pic of the the 37"
main.php

EDIT: What Discount Tire said :)

Top Bottom