USS.RUBICON CORE build thread

USS RUBICON.CORE

Hi WAYALIFE family ,

Just bought my 2013 JK 2door Wrangler Rubicon right before Labor Day (my very first domestic purchase ever), but it's been sitting in the garage idle for about a month while I was prepping my BMW 1M for sale. And finally last week, the BMW sold and I could finally enjoy the JEEP :clap2:

2af0884a11fd11e3aa2222000a1f974c_7.jpg

1042d29a11fe11e3bf1822000aaa0492_7.jpg

6ee5137611fe11e3b9fd22000a9f4dd4_7.jpg

821a53f8256211e39a6422000a9e06c4_7.jpg

During the long month I added small things to the JEEP, rugged ridge this, rugged ridge that, Bestop this, smittybilt that, and finally today I was able to get a special delivery from OFF-ROAD EVOLUTION (my sales guy lives in the same city I live in): 1/4 pounder front bumper and stinger. I also ordered the rock sliders but they are awaiting production, ETA 2 more weeks.

bb753a5a322311e38ed122000a9f1311_8.jpg

Also been thankful for the good weather in socal and been riding day and night topless, doorless :bleh:

7f3e88d4304811e3b5bf22000a1fafe7_8.jpg

My inspiration came from my a wayalife resident and next door neighbor, US Army Sgt MONACO

1172e9e81b4a11e3842d22000a1f9ada_7.jpg

and a member of this wranglerforum Hidrorayo and his amazing JK

cbf5e864267711e3bd9022000a1fa522_7.jpg

I compiled my build list and the following will be ordered in the next two weeks. I was fortunate to come off the BMW with a lot of parts money that I can fortunately reinvest into the JEEP right away.

OFF-ROAD EVOLUTION 1/4 pounder front bumper black
OFF-ROAD EVOLUTION stinger black
OFF-ROAD EVOLUTION rock sliders black
OFF-ROAD EVOLUTION 2.5 inch lift kit with new coil overs and shocks (TBD)
WARN ELITE SERIES rear bumper
WARN bumper tire carrier
WARN jack mount
Hi-Lift 48 inch jack
BUSHWACKER pocket style front and rear fender flares (still debating these)
FIVE (5) HUTCHINSON ROCK MONSTER WHEELS WA-0594 17x8.5 BLACK DOUBLE BEADLOCK
FIVE (5) MICKEY THOMPSON BAJA RADIAL MTZ 37x12.50R17LT
JW SPEAKER 8700 Evolution LED black headlights
RECON smoked LED turn signals
AEV heat reduction hood
Rugged Ridge mirror replacements and relocators
MAGNA FLOW cat back dual tip exhaust black

+ a secret vinyl warp proper for a US NAVY JEEP RUBICON build

Finally, this is how my BMW 1M build turned out, 56K death :pcwhack:
Was hooked up with a lot of sponsors, the JEEP won't be as loud with the wrap and stickers I swear :cheesy:

EINSER M's Темникова E82 AW 1M build thread

Yes I was US NAVY (master-at-arms) and yes I live about 50 kliks east of Los Angeles, CA (a little place called Rancho Cucamonga, CA). The Auto-Club Speedway in Fontana, CA is a stone throw away from me. Hoping to get active in the community and on the trails with a bunch of you guys.

I was fortunate to make good connections with talented photographers and videographers who are now friends, so I will bring a lot of content to this build thread, so please come back often!

Cheers,

Kirk

Last edited:
Kirk,

Welcome to the WAYALIFE family. Nice looking rig.

Very interesting screen name. What is the background?

R/
Will

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Looks like its going to be a nice build. Not a real fan of bmws, dad always had mercs, but your bmw looked sharp...:D
simon

10 jk rubi 3.5" rc lift, black rocks, 35 bfg at, skyjacker dual steering, cherrybomb exhast, jks front track bar, cut flares.

07 jkur 4" skyjacker lift, mopar offroad bumpers, 1350 driveshafts, gear alloy rims, 37 nitto mid grapplers, warn 9.5cti winch, hids, mopar steps, skyjacker dual steering, skyjacker axle reinforcments, c gussets, mopar cold air intake, cherrybomb exhaust, poison spyder tramp stamp, evo d ring mounts.

USS RUBICON.CORE

Kirk,

Welcome to the WAYALIFE family. Nice looking rig.

Very interesting screen name. What is the background?

R/
Will

hooyah USN on deck!
served @ mayport naval station as MA in Jacksonville, FL many moons ago
at the time, separated with a medical discharge but my one of my kids will do annapolis!
you Sir?

USS RUBICON.CORE

Looks like its going to be a nice build. Not a real fan of bmws, dad always had mercs, but your bmw looked sharp...:D
simon

10 jk rubi 3.5" rc lift, black rocks, 35 bfg at, skyjacker dual steering, cherrybomb exhast, jks front track bar, cut flares.

07 jkur 4" skyjacker lift, mopar offroad bumpers, 1350 driveshafts, gear alloy rims, 37 nitto mid grapplers, warn 9.5cti winch, hids, mopar steps, skyjacker dual steering, skyjacker axle reinforcments, c gussets, mopar cold air intake, cherrybomb exhaust, poison spyder tramp stamp, evo d ring mounts.

yah you're either a bmw fan or a merc fan
ive had a bmw since i left the navy and a new one every 2 years; this is my first break from bmw!
hey i was gonna get those nitto mud grapplers but ended up going with the mickey thompsons, you think its a mistake?

hooyah USN on deck!
served @ mayport naval station as MA in Jacksonville, FL many moons ago
at the time, separated with a medical discharge but my one of my kids will do annapolis!
you Sir?

retiring next summer after 26 years. I have been all over the place. Currently at a P-3 squadron out of JAX on deployment to the Far-East. Looking forward to spending time with the family and getting a grown up job.

R
Will

USS RUBICON.CORE

retiring next summer after 26 years. I have been all over the place. Currently at a P-3 squadron out of JAX on deployment to the Far-East. Looking forward to spending time with the family and getting a grown up job.

R
Will

i sure dont miss the hell hole and 95% humidity in JAX is but that retirement party will be bitchen Chief!
hooyah for that amazing career, retirement is next! :rock:

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I have never ran mickys. I got the nittos because you rarely hear about them tearing or cutting. I work with a quy running mickys and he loves them and is on his second set. But personally I love the nittos, very tough and got great grip.

simon

USS RUBICON.CORE

roger that Nitto was my tire sponsor with my BMW but I wanted something US made for the JEEP so I love me some Mickey Ds ima try to love me some Mickey Ts now hahahaha

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381478232.303026.jpg

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Another thing i liked about the nittos is the extra inch width. Instead of 12.5 they are 13.5. Helps when hitting the trails. But either one can't steer you wrong. America made is the way to go on an American icon like the jeep.

simon

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Nitto tires are made in the US with their parent company being TOYO. Here is an article for your reading pleasure specifically on the Trail Grappler.

http://www.nittotire.com/News?articleId=85

R/
Will

Ya thought they were made her. But didn't know toyo was there parent company

simon

mgmavant

That was quite the build. I'm usually not one for over-the-top track cars, but that one looked really sweet. Must have been a blast to drive - so long as there weren’t any pot-holes in the road. After looking at the build and the sponsors, I would have guessed that you would have gone with the mud grapplers. If it's not still too late, you might want to consider going with the MG's. I've never run them before (or the Mickey's for that matter) but the Nitto's get great reviews here on this forum. I just ordered some Terra Grapplers in 37's but I don't have them on the Jeep yet (first one should show up at the house today :).

You're going to love working on the Jeep coming from the M1. I had an Audi A4 Avant that I wrenched on for the 11 years I had it, and it was always a pain to do any work on it. The Jeep is a breeze - and the best part is that almost everything is accessible.

Have fun with the new toy. There are days that I miss the Audi, but that quickly goes away when I see my Jeep. The best part about it is that the kids really enjoy it as well, mostly because they can crawl all over the thing (and on top of it and underneath) without Dad going crazy. The wife likes it because she's allowed to bring whatever beverage she wants (usually some crazy coffee concoction), and my dog (RIP little buddy) loved it because he would drive all over town with me and the kids with his tongue hanging out the back.

USS RUBICON.CORE

Another thing i liked about the nittos is the extra inch width. Instead of 12.5 they are 13.5. Helps when hitting the trails. But either one can't steer you wrong. America made is the way to go on an American icon like the jeep.

simon

i know!!!! you read my mind, i wished the mickeys Ts came in 13.50 :icon_crazy:
anyways, i pulled the trigger today, they're in stock so as soon as the hutchinsons get here they'll get mounted!
TMPS for jeeps are so cheap LOL i bought 5 for 60$ shipped. 4 BMW ones set you back 300$!!!!!!!!!!

USS RUBICON.CORE

Nitto tires are made in the US with their parent company being TOYO. Here is an article for your reading pleasure specifically on the Trail Grappler.

http://www.nittotire.com/News?articleId=85

R/
Will

Ya thought they were made her. But didn't know toyo was there parent company

simon

that definitely was a in yo face moment for me
my nitto NT05 race compound rubber was all made in japan, i had 3 sets....so i assumed all nittos came from japan
ops my bad!

USS RUBICON.CORE

That was quite the build. I'm usually not one for over-the-top track cars, but that one looked really sweet. Must have been a blast to drive - so long as there weren’t any pot-holes in the road. After looking at the build and the sponsors, I would have guessed that you would have gone with the mud grapplers. If it's not still too late, you might want to consider going with the MG's. I've never run them before (or the Mickey's for that matter) but the Nitto's get great reviews here on this forum. I just ordered some Terra Grapplers in 37's but I don't have them on the Jeep yet (first one should show up at the house today :).

You're going to love working on the Jeep coming from the M1. I had an Audi A4 Avant that I wrenched on for the 11 years I had it, and it was always a pain to do any work on it. The Jeep is a breeze - and the best part is that almost everything is accessible.

Have fun with the new toy. There are days that I miss the Audi, but that quickly goes away when I see my Jeep. The best part about it is that the kids really enjoy it as well, mostly because they can crawl all over the thing (and on top of it and underneath) without Dad going crazy. The wife likes it because she's allowed to bring whatever beverage she wants (usually some crazy coffee concoction), and my dog (RIP little buddy) loved it because he would drive all over town with me and the kids with his tongue hanging out the back.

the pooch is missed. im sure he looked fwd to riding in the jeep all the time. mine also sit shotgun and they're adjusting to jumping off a high car vs a lowered car ha ha ha ha

and you're speaking the truth about how easy to work on these jeeps! took me 3 hours to remove and replace headlights two weeks ago during my part out. it took me 8 min to do the jeep when i installed the jw speakers AND my hands were clean when the job was done!!!!! :bleh:
not going to miss the BMW for now, but the plan is to get back in one in 2015 when the M2 comes out.
will be offroading and enjoying the rubi in the meantime

hooyah
:thumb:

USS RUBICON.CORE

Well it looks like shipment 1 of 3 just arrived today at the shop :wings:
once its all stacked and ready to go on the JEEP i'll snap some more pics :bleh:

5f0c78c0375811e3951022000aeb0ce5_8.jpg

USS RUBICON.CORE

finally got some shop time and the build begins after stacking up three pallets of parts in the annex warehouse ...

the 50 inch LED bar was self installed at home

e5124c524dc311e3acdc0ef6f35b2d71_8.jpg

the rear tire carrier upgrade from WARN

0e74d280517b11e396f3121282ee2c71_8.jpg

LET THERE BE LIGHT!
50 inch bar and two aux DUALLY HD aux lights hooked up

1114fe4c52da11e3989e1244f4c5d15f_8.jpg

839ff15052ea11e39db00ef364b1074e_8.jpg

WARN rear numper and tire carrier

a0b1751252f811e3b2f5124e8fde040d_8.jpg

USS RUBICON.CORE

well it was about time

fitted the hutchinsons 17s with mickey thompsons's 37s on stock suspension before it goes in for re-gearing, 2 new drivelines, drag link flip, stinger bumper & rock slider installs at offroad evolution on monday

getting some rubbing in the rear on dips but made it all the way home from work. gotta do it a few more times but it seems to be able to handle the 37s on stock suspension so far :)

7cecbb3c5c7611e3b666120af7cd0240_8.jpg

6afcc2f65c7a11e3b26212510e2cde37_8.jpg

senior tech DERICHSWEILER working the mount, balance and double bead-locking of the hutchinsons.

b0cca3ea5d1611e3b2cb0e6798f1b77e_8.jpg

12e5efa05d1711e3b2e4128e9f115fde_8.jpg

c08c98ba5d2711e3b8d2126f3d3312b1_8.jpg

Top Bottom